Would You Buy a 2024 Raptor Without Sunroof?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wolff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish dealers around here ordered them without sunroofs. Hoping to get back into a Gen 3 this fall and I despise sunroofs. More shit to break, leak, and i want my interior as dark as possible. My wifes ST explorers sunroof would had a couple leaks and then the tensioner broke for the curtain. Good riddance

Wartman

Reaction score
Ordered one without, but ended up cancelling that order and picking one up off the lot with a moonroof. Honestly I think I prefer a moonroof. I was worried about headroom, but I am 6' tall and still have about 3-4 inches above my head, so plenty of headroom. The moonroof also makes the cabin feel nice and roomy even when closed, and the kids love looking out the top when they are in the backseat. Definitely worth it in my opinion.

Last edited:

STHenry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2018 had the moonroof and we only opened it 5 times in the 6 years we had the truck. My 23 does not have the moonroof and I do not miss having to perform the quarterly maintenance and prefer the truck without the extra glass. The biggest downside to not having the moonroof is not having the tailgate step.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I ONLY would order one WITHOUT a sunroof. Sunroof’s are for Starbucks Raptors.
I wouldn’t go that far. Have you launched your truck 150 feet? I may not like the moonroof, mainly because it’s expense I don’t care to have.
That said, you can any Rap through it’s paces and it will do just fine.

but like you, I agree I would only order without one.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
As someone who just bought a $25 tube of lube (giggity) for my moonroof despite constantly cleaning it and using a silicone based lubricant every 2-3 washes, I can say I don't enjoy it as much as I thought I would and wish I had gone without.

Ceramic tinting it certainly helped with the heat rejection and it is a nice party trick for back seat goers but honestly it stays shut 90% of the time for me. Would've preferred the peace of mind and the lack of maintenance without one.

RaptorMan703

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my 24 and 21 both with no sunroof. Now that I have kids in the back it would remain closed 90% of the time anyway.

My 19 with sunroof got caught in a hail storm which for most vehicles would be easy PDR. Since the glass and reinforcement takes up nearly the entire roof, 3 body shops wanted to cut the entire roof off entirely due to lack of access underneath roof to pop the dents out. No thanks

MidnightSpecial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive had moonroofs on all of my Raptors and none of them have had problem. Granted I take care of my vehicles and do the preventative maintenance. I don't do go jumping it every weekend but they aint exactly a pavement princesses.

I'm a windows down kinda guy so I like having the moonroof to make the cabin feel open. Im blessed with good Colorado weather so I can do that for half the year. Plus, the panoramic is great for the lady and rear seat passengers get a full mountain view experience when we cruise through the mountains.

As for heat? Get 3m Crystalline all the way around. It'll do wonders.