Would You Buy a 2024 Raptor Without Sunroof?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
You'll find about half of Raptor owners like the moonroof and half don't. But the vast majority of dealer orders include the thing because higher profits. The no moonroof Raptor is more desired on the used market, if resale is an issue for you.
Maybe resale is better w/o the roof on the forum. General public mostly want a moon roof though. The brokers were paying more for the moon roof when they were a thing.

FWIW, the '22 moon roof doesn't have any of the issues I had in the '18. Quiet, doesn't stick. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

LOUSCRW

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my 15 month ownership of the Gen 3 Raptor, I opened it on the test drive to make sure it worked, and I’ve never opened it or the shade since.

The fact the Ford made the sunroof a standalone option on the 24 model (not combined w/ tailgate) was probably cost savings for them, not having to produce two different tailgates…but for a lot of Raptor owners, it is a win. Now, you can get the appliqué without getting the sunroof.

Arizona Free

Reaction score
I ordered mine without a sunroof.

I never use them and it’s very hot in Arizona so the truck should be cooler.

plus I’m not a fan for the potential problems associated with the sunroofs.

And… it’s saves money.

Last edited:

Arizona Free

Reaction score
Rattles, squeeks, lubing, having to get on a ladder everytime I cleaned the truck to clean the glass roof. All that on my GEN 2 along with track issues sometimes made the sunroof a hard pass on my GEN 3. Don't miss it at all.
Good point on the cleaning of the glass.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered mine without a sunroof.

I never use them and it’s very hot in Arizona so the truck should be cooler.

plus I’m not a fan for the potential problems associated with the sunroofs.

And… it’s saves money.

Win/win/win. Unless you just have to have the wind in your hair. I would sunburn the top of my head. :(