Would You Buy a 2024 Raptor Without Sunroof?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love the moon roof, but only because I got it tinted. If the sun is out, even with the tint, the sun on your face gets hot, and you end up putting the shade up. I use it mostly on cloudy, rainy and not direct sunlight days. Makes the cabin seem bigger and brighter, and everyone always comments on how much they like it.

I could go either way given the two sides, but if you do end up getting one, have it tinted so you can actually enjoy it.

Madhouse

Reaction score
I had my 2018 for almost 6 years and I doubt I even opened the moon roof 5 times. I've never opened it in this new truck, I don't even slide the cover back. Then again, I live in the outdoor oven that is southeast Texas, and would probably burst into flames if I let the sun in.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Video. Or it never happened.
It’s just easier to have a passenger shoot from the bed. If you have a bed rack, you can secure a pedestal mount.

plenty of deceased would be carjackers would disagree, if they were alive to do so...
I doubt you all will ever get a photo of me lmao! But here I am preparing some fun for tomorrow!

Attachments

• IMG_8862.jpeg
    IMG_8862.jpeg
    134.9 KB · Views: 33

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
depending on how dirty your climate, you’ll need to clean and lube the glass to rubber seal area about once every 3 months to 1 year again depending on climate and usage. The seemingly most common issue is after a prolonged period of non-use, you pop the moon roof open, the glass sticks to the rubber, breaking the plastic track pieces, and sometimes stranding the glass panel. There’s also lubing the tracks and periodically you may need to tighten some of the mechanism pieces or check them.

as a workaround, you can
1) always open the moonroof to vent FIRST, then close. If you hear a POP or sticking sound, repeat this.
2) after the open to vent and close with no sticking, you can move the glass to the rear.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
depending on how dirty your climate, you’ll need to clean and lube the glass to rubber seal area about once every 3 months to 1 year again depending on climate and usage. The seemingly most common issue is after a prolonged period of non-use, you pop the moon roof open, the glass sticks to the rubber, breaking the plastic track pieces, and sometimes stranding the glass panel. There’s also lubing the tracks and periodically you may need to tighten some of the mechanism pieces or check them.

as a workaround, you can
1) always open the moonroof to vent FIRST, then close. If you hear a POP or sticking sound, repeat this.
2) after the open to vent and close with no sticking, you can move the glass to the rear.
this is the way

julien194b

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finaly , to sum up, to keep his moon roof "all right" , it's a daily work (see smurf details explications) but most seem don't use it and don't care about it. Others , unlucky as @Powerlies has anew one already failed, are you sure to push the good button !!! :Big Laugh:
This thread should had begun with a vote "for" or "against" moonroof on a raptor... And then, send the stat to Ford in order they deliver less raptor with , or not.... !

KPT

Reaction score
As the title states, I have a dealer that is willing to sell me a 2024 Raptor in the color I want for $5K off MSRP however it does not have a moonroof. They will sell me one with a moonroof for $4,500 off MSRP but it’s Oxford White instead of Avalanche.

Would you buy a Raptor without a sunroof to get the color you want or would you pay for the moonroof and settle on color? I’m so torn on this!Have a moonroof