Window trim rattle/vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cascio135

Reaction score
The door lock clips are what rattle for me, easy fix while doing soundskins. Cut a little piece to go around and hold it tight.1000002177.jpg1000002178.jpg1000002179.jpg

scottnorm

Reaction score
I have this as well on my new gen 3. Seems to be coming from the upper left part of the drivers window trim. When hitting about 60mph. Anyone diagnose this fully yet?
I have exact same issue on my brand new truck. It's definitely driver window because it stops if i push in that corner. It's no rear door. Did you figure out a solution?

EndlessEight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rear bed facing window rattles to hell when it’s fully open And the bass hits. Volume at like 10-12

Dweeezy

Reaction score
I have exact same issue on my brand new truck. It's definitely driver window because it stops if i push in that corner. It's no rear door. Did you figure out a solution?
I am going to take it to the dealer pretty soon. The window rattle is just an annoyance but i would expect more from a new truck let alone one closing in on the 100k mark. I also hear rattles in the doors when the base hits at like level 13 and up. No solutions yet.

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just noticed my raptor does this too if my sunroof is open. My upper B pillar rattles likes crazy. Super annoying. Anyone get this fixed? Or know if the fix?

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rear bed facing window rattles to hell when it’s fully open And the bass hits. Volume at like 10-12
It’s probably not the window itself, it’s the hard plastic coated power cord. When the window is open, the cord rolls up between the glass which allows it to vibrate against the glass. I folded down my rear seat and pulled the cord up out of its track with the slider closed. Then I wrapped it in Tessa tape, and put it back into the track. It stopped all of the noises coming from that slider window.

Last edited:

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is my B pillar rattle I hear if I open my sunroof. If I close my sunroof it stops.

If I have sunroof open AND I open the rear window, it also stops.

EndlessEight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s probably not the window itself, it’s the hard plastic coated power cord. When the window is open, the cord rolls up between the glass which allows it to vibrate against the glass. I folded down my rear seat and pulled the cord up out of its track with the slider closed. Then I wrapped it in Tessa tape, and put it back into the track. It stopped all of the noises coming from that slider window.

I am going to give this shot!