Window trim rattle/vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I added the felt to the inside of the rubber weatherstrip that the window connects with. It was a piece of felt about 8 inch long that rattle/vibration is gone. Going to have the dealer look at it at the next oil change but that was the fix for mine.

Jack55

Reaction score
I added the felt to the inside of the rubber weatherstrip that the window connects with. It was a piece of felt about 8 inch long that rattle/vibration is gone. Going to have the dealer look at it at the next oil change but that was the fix for mine.
Mind sharing a picture Don? the buzz\rattle on the driver side drives me crazy

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mind sharing a picture Don? the buzz\rattle on the driver side drives me crazy
Sure. Here you go. it's a little hard to see.

I bought this and cut it in to a strip about 9 in long (that's what she said) and about 1/8 wide.

IMG_1748.JPGIMG_1749.JPG

when the window is up, that little bit of felt pushes the seal out and fixes it.

IMG_1750.JPG

Butterz

Reaction score
I had similar rattle noises after some extensive warranty work. Going 70+ the passenger side and the driver side doors would have the rattling and much worse with the sunroof open.

My issues were the door seals weren’t securely clamped down. Not sure if they replaced them or just reseated them, but have had no noises since.

IMG_3941.jpeg

Finlay150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Add my 24 to the B pillar rattle. Just a bit of pressure on the glass in the lower back corner and it goes away. I have just over 7k miles on it and it's getting worse. Right now if just roll the window up and down a couple inches it goes away for a bit.