Will you even consider a Cybertruck (Fun Poll)

Will you consider Cybertruck over Raptor

• YES

Votes: 39 18.1%
  • NO

Votes: 177 81.9%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
car accident with SS?
lawsuit?
the other car going to be destroy........

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know that fly by wire tech has been around for years, but never in a production vehicle for steering, so that is something worth noting as innovative.

I never said it is something we should want or desire, but coming from someone who is a systems engineer by career, it is just exciting to me that something "new" is coming to the car industry. We don't have to like it, or even want it, I don't want it, but I still like seeing the engineering that goes into this stuff that has various different "new" achievements happen. It's just cool. I never said it was practical or desireable.
Taking away a physical linkage from something that requires feel… what a cool idea.

Luchh224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the cars that are street legal, it was first introduced in the Infiniti Q50, but Nissan switched back to its traditional steering wheel after criticism. Other notable car models that you can experience drive-by-wire with a steering yoke are the 2022 Toyota bZ4x and the 2023 Lexus RZ450e.
Cool, didn’t know that honestly. Not sure why it seems that every video I watch about the cybertruck it’s showcasing the fly by wire steering then. Strange.

W0n70n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't mind the concept of EVs but to say that the cybertruck has an 11,000 lbs towing capacity is great and all but if the range is less than 100 miles it's not exactly a "useable" 11,000 lbs.

Plus you would be towing to a charging station, unhook the trailer because I've never seen a pull-through tesla charger, then sit there for however many hours it takes to recharge.

On top of that, people who currently have Teslas are used to topping up their batteries and full charging along the trip, but if you burn 90% of the battery between charging stations the amount of down time goes up significantly. Those discharge cycles have to be hard on the battery if the thing is being used for anything other than what you should probably be buying a model 3 or model y then you'd be better off skipping out on the cybertruck to begin with.

I think the concept as a whole is flawed, if they really wanted to make an impact with an electric truck they should have done a diesel driven generator into a smaller battery with the same drive motors to actually give it range, gas mileage, and longevity that traditional truck owners would be looking for. Just my .02 though