What's with the attitude from Dealers?? ADM...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

clemsondds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in PA. When I wanted to order my '20, most of the dealers acted like cocky ****** bags if you didn't jump at the chance to pay ADM on MSRP. I read about a large dealer, Capitol Ford in Charlote, and called them. Within minutes they said they would order me one for $500 over invoice. I used that info to make up an email and sent it to all the dealers in the region that I had a deal out of state, but would rather buy local from them. Within a week I had 2 of them agree to the same deal. Weird thing was that in person both of these same dealers acted like I was a HUGE ******* for asking for the same thing. I always assumed you would get better treatment when you are in person at the dealership, but it ended up being the opposite. Dealers are strange birds! :banghead:
Tried calling captial Ford in Charlotte...said they have one coming in but it will be at least $20k over but probably more.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You quote OldFart's post like you are going to get the same deal on an R and that's not going to happen. He was talking about ordering a 2020 model. Gen 2 Raptors weren't exactly hen's teeth in late 2019. They had been produced for over two years with basically no changes. A lot of people where likely holding off buying- hoping for a refresh as well, since it was known the F150 was getting one in 2018.

There is also a huge section of Raptor buyers that did not want to buy a $80K V-6 powered truck, so when the R came out the pent up demand for a V8 powered Raptor was huge.

From what I've read, they produce about 1/3 of Raptors as R models now.

OP
OP
C

clemsondds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You quote OldFart's post like you are going to get the same deal on an R and that's not going to happen. He was talking about ordering a 2020 model. Gen 2 Raptors weren't exactly hen's teeth in late 2019. They had been produced for over two years with basically no changes. A lot of people where likely holding off hoping for a refresh as well, since it ws known the F150 was getting one in 2018.

There is also a huge section of Raptor buyers that did not want a $80K V-6 powered truck, so when the R came out- the pent up demand for a V8 powered Raptor was huge.

From what I've read, they produce about 1/3 of Raptors as R models now.
No I quoted him because he mention that when other dealers were asking ADM, Ford in Charlotte offered below invoice. So I was just showing that even that dealership is now asking well over msrp...so I guess they all eventually cave to jacking up the price. Didn't realize I needed to spell that out.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The same deal on 2020s was available at *many* dealers in late 2019. Guys got trucks for invoice and below invoice as well- not a lot, but some did.

Life is all about timing. He timed it right getting the 2020 at MSRP. You are not timing it right looking for a 2024 Raptor R at MSRP.

OP
OP
C

clemsondds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The same deal on 2020s was available at *many* dealers in late 2019. Guys got trucks for invoice and below invoice as well- not a lot, but some did.

Life is all about timing. He timed it right getting the 2020 at MSRP. You are not timing it right looking for a 2024 Raptor R at MSRP.
You are killin me lol. Several members on this forum (and other forums) have stated recently that they have found raptor r at msrp..."you just have to look for them." And that's what Oldfart did back in 2020...everyone was charging over msrp and he found someone that was not and used that as leverage. I don't know what your point is....no one is arguing that there are fewer raptor r's than the regular raptor. And no one is saying that they shouldn't/can't charge an ADM. So just chill. I just don't like the attitude from the dealerships when I ask if I can purchase it at msrp....that's all. I've had a few that politely just say "no, due to demand, we are going to ask for ___ price" and that's totally fine. I don't mind that. But that hasn't been the norm. I didn't mean for this to be a long thread....I was just somewhat ranting and wondered if anyone else had ran in to this same situation. Have a great day

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Again, in 2020, you could still get interest rates under 3%. I think my Rap note was 1.9%. The RR buyer is either trading a high dollar vehicle, maybe 2 and paying cash.

You quote OldFart's post like you are going to get the same deal on an R and that's not going to happen. He was talking about ordering a 2020 model. Gen 2 Raptors weren't exactly hen's teeth in late 2019. They had been produced for over two years with basically no changes. A lot of people where likely holding off buying- hoping for a refresh as well, since it was known the F150 was getting one in 2018.
Not just this, but Ford was cranking out Jen Too Raps like there would never be another. So many that you could score 6-8k under msrp.

There is also a huge section of Raptor buyers that did not want to buy a $80K V-6 powered truck, so when the R came out the pent up demand for a V8 powered Raptor was huge.
The 2 demographics don’t match. The v8 or die crowd who proclaimed they’d buy a newer Rap with a V8: a lot of them are still rocking Jen Juans. Why?

Because you can buy 4 Jen Juan Raptors for the price of 1 Raptor R. And probably 3x Jen Too Raptors
Where’s @dspangler with her Raptor R? Still waiting.

about 1/3 of Raptors as R models now
I’d like to see that backed up with numbers - and I mean that. I hope they’re cranking out that many, because I was convinced they would never see pavement in private hands.
I checked out a 24 801, very nice, interior was a lot like Jen Too with more gadgetry.

I can financially do a RR if I offload my 2017, but I just can’t bring myself to do it. Plus I’m seeing a bunch of RR buyers selling theirs with low mileage.

Dev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Again, in 2020, you could still get interest rates under 3%. I think my Rap note was 1.9%. The RR buyer is either trading a high dollar vehicle, maybe 2 and paying cash.

Not just this, but Ford was cranking out Jen Too Raps like there would never be another. So many that you could score 6-8k under msrp.

The 2 demographics don’t match. The v8 or die crowd who proclaimed they’d buy a newer Rap with a V8: a lot of them are still rocking Jen Juans. Why?

Because you can buy 4 Jen Juan Raptors for the price of 1 Raptor R. And probably 3x Jen Too Raptors
Where’s @dspangler with her Raptor R? Still waiting.

I’d like to see that backed up with numbers - and I mean that. I hope they’re cranking out that many, because I was convinced they would never see pavement in private hands.
I checked out a 24 801, very nice, interior was a lot like Jen Too with more gadgetry.

I can financially do a RR if I offload my 2017, but I just can’t bring myself to do it. Plus I’m seeing a bunch of RR buyers selling theirs with low mileage.
To your last point I think it’s because novelty wears off. Unless you’re an avid off-roader, once you launch it a few times, do a few pulls, it’s just not worth it to some people. Could be wrong tho

Rick at FMS

aka:Rick @ FreedomMotorsports
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hate to say it but there are MSRP deals on R’s out there. Oddly enough it was the first dealership I tried that I saw post on Facebook selling 24’ 37’s for $6k off. I asked about getting an R instead and when I asked about MSRP, I signed and did a deposit. Now I wait but priority code 10 isn’t too bad too. And they weren't jerks at all.

Attachments

• IMG_7408.jpeg
    IMG_7408.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
C

clemsondds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hate to say it but there are MSRP deals on R’s out there. Oddly enough it was the first dealership I tried that I saw post on Facebook selling 24’ 37’s for $6k off. I asked about getting an R instead and when I asked about MSRP, I signed and did a deposit. Now I wait but priority code 10 isn’t too bad too. And they weren't jerks at all.
Congrats!