Whats with dealers only having 802a raptors and not more base models?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rock7256

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right... like I said , any raptor will sell it's self. As long as the dealer isn't trying to take advantage of the customer.. and the reason dealer orders are most commonly filled with high opinion units is strictly a percentage/profit decision.

Much harder time selling supercab vs supercrew imo. Dont see many guys that want the supercab

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Much harder time selling supercab vs supercrew imo. Dont see many guys that want the supercab

Just because you don't see them doesn't mean that they aren't there. A base model raptor if it were on a lot would open up a different range of buyers available to purchase said vehicle and would most certainly sell just as quickly as a loaded one... provided the dealer didn't try to rip them off...

OP
OP
N

Nick610s

Reaction score
Scab vs Screw aside, they would sell more trucks if they had 800/801a trucks on the lot as well. Just my $.02

coder

Reaction score
Dealers order their vehicles to sell, in general the larger more optioned models sell better. With a high priced, purpose built vehicle like a raptor, there won't be a lot of variety on dealer lots. If you want something specific, don't compromise, order it!

Last edited:

Rock7256

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just because you don't see them doesn't mean that they aren't there. A base model raptor if it were on a lot would open up a different range of buyers available to purchase said vehicle and would most certainly sell just as quickly as a loaded one... provided the dealer didn't try to rip them off...

I am only going off my experiences in selling them. Don't have people coming in for supercabs at all. I am sure there are people who want them, but I think the supecrew has a bigger market.

troverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SuperCrew does have much greater demand, but given that the Raptor is more or less about off-road driving, the Scab definitely has greater off-road capability than the Screw. But then again most people will buy these things and never take them off road.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SuperCrew does have much greater demand, but given that the Raptor is more or less about off-road driving, the Scab definitely has greater off-road capability than the Screw. But then again most people will buy these things and never take them off road.

Even hardcore offroaders spend most of their miles daily driving and it makes sense to get the more all-purpose platform. SCREW is for single guys and those with multiple vehicles.

OP
OP
N

Nick610s

Reaction score
When did this become a debate about supercrew vs supercabs? apparently rich guys get to buy the most raptors and spend $70K+. I ordered mine and spent $53k.

Both cabs have their purpose. Mine will spend 95% of its time DD duties. I have a supercrew tundra to haul people around if I want to. Guess ford is trying to narrow its buyer base, or at least the dealers believe only dudes who make $200K a year are going to buy a raptor. When that's not the case.