Whats with dealers only having 802a raptors and not more base models?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only reason any dealer would have a raptor on a lot that someone doesn't want IS because of ADM.....

Most buyers want loaded Raptors and are willing to pay for them.

A dealer who bought nothing but stripper Raptors is going to have a really bad time. To sell his undesirable inventory he will need to advertise nationally and offer a discount to bring in out of area buyers.

As you said, fully loaded Raptors sell themselves at full price and those dealers have nothing to worry about.

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most buyers want loaded Raptors and are willing to pay for them.

A dealer who bought nothing but stripper Raptors is going to have a really bad time. To sell his undesirable inventory he will need to advertise nationally and offer a discount to bring in out of area buyers.

As you said, fully loaded Raptors sell themselves at full price and those dealers have nothing to worry about.

Right... like I said , any raptor will sell it's self. As long as the dealer isn't trying to take advantage of the customer.. and the reason dealer orders are most commonly filled with high opinion units is strictly a percentage/profit decision.

Nibbl3s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The seats are cloth, but it is a special cloth with the Raptor logo embroidered and the seats are bolstered just as well. The driver's seat is powered.

Full Sync 3 with navigation can be retrofitted for $2500. The 8" instrument cluster can be retrofitted for a few hundred bucks. Full leather, genuine Ford Raptor, can be retrofitted for $400 as new take-offs. I have not heard the B&O stereo, but the Sony was not good. The basic 7-speaker stereo I have actually has less distortion than the 10-speaker Sony I had in the Super Duty. It just has less bass at lower volumes.

Special cloth.... LOL.

Yea you can't add about of those features for the prices you are quoting, if it all

CaptainInterwebs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id imagine it has something to do with:

1. regional demand.
2. probably harder to sell a less equipped truck with ADM than it is to sell a fully loaded one.

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Demand. There is a VERY small group of people that want base model SCABs. They have even worse resale value.

Except no one buys a new Raptor worried about resale value... :ROFLJest::ROFLJest::ROFLJest:

I did a SCAB w/802A but skipped the tech package. Spray in liner, bed extender and tailgate step are all I need.

D

Deleted member 12951

@Nick610s, think you made a wise choice. I purchased my Gen1 fully loaded with every possible option and it barely sticker at $60k. Having done that and with off-roading, wasn’t the wisest choice. If I ever replace mine with a GEN2 or GEN3, I will be doing what you did and get basic stuff and spend the extra money on suspension mods to make it that much better instead of spending top dollar on the truck and doing the mods anyways

On high end vehicles, all dealers load them up, it not just a Raptor thing

OP
OP
N

Nick610s

Reaction score
@Nick610s, think you made a wise choice. I purchased my Gen1 fully loaded with every possible option and it barely sticker at $60k. Having done that and with off-roading, wasn’t the wisest choice. If I ever replace mine with a GEN2 or GEN3, I will be doing what you did and get basic stuff and spend the extra money on suspension mods to make it that much better instead of spending top dollar on the truck and doing the mods anyways

On high end vehicles, all dealers load them up, it not just a Raptor thing

I believe it becomes a **** swinging contest at some point, I already have he baddest truck on the road, no one is gonna know that I don't have a sunroof except for me. Going to get people thumbsupping me anyway regardless of if I paid $70k or $50k

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
That is the main reason I ordered as opposed to buying off the rack. I did do 802A, tailgate step, and heated second row seats only. No sunroof, tech, carbon, graphics, etc. $64335.00 MSRP and not paying for extras I don't need/want.

troverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Special cloth.... LOL.

Yea you can't add about of those features for the prices you are quoting, if it all

Yes, special cloth. As in different than what you can get in any other F150. And the seats themselves are identical...same extra bolsters just covered in cloth not leather.

Scoff all you want but these trucks are pretty easily upgraded. Check out a company called 4D Tech in Kentucky and you see how easy it is to add the large touchscreen with Nav same as OEM. I have experience doing it, apparently you have not.