What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To be fair, I don't think there is any good way to get out of these things without sliding out of the seat. So even if you are a feather-weight boxer :boxing:, that bolster will take some abuse.

My guess is the foam is cheap and doesn't have good shape memory. Typical for an american made vehicle. From the picture that Ghost posted, it's a single material product. Higher end vehicles will have two or even three different materials that build up their bolsters.
B,ull shyt I have one rule and one rule only in any of my vehicles but especially my trucks. (2002 f350 and 2020 Raptor).

DO NOT RUB YOUR ASS ACROSS MY SEATS.

DO NOT BE A LAZY ASS AND RELY ON GRAVITY TO GET OUT.

YOU USED THE RUNNING BOARDS TO GET IN, USE THEM TO GET OUT!!

do the reverse move you made to get in, stand up onto the running board and then step down.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
B,ull shyt I have one rule and one rule only in any of my vehicles but especially my trucks. (2002 f350 and 2020 Raptor).

do the reverse move you made to get in, stand up onto the running board and then step down.
But how do you really feel?

XSTNKT

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You must be a BLAST at parties. lol

But, hey, I get it. Some people really like to keep their stuff pristine and are willing to be d!cks about it. I used to be that way. I have two kids now. NOTHING I own will ever be nice again until they are out of this house (and vehicle). :rolleyes:

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You must be a BLAST at parties. lol

But, hey, I get it. Some people really like to keep their stuff pristine and are willing to be d!cks about it. I used to be that way. I have two kids now. NOTHING I own will ever be nice again until they are out of this house (and vehicle). :rolleyes:
Haha,

I actually am pretty fun. And honestly I use my stuff. So my stuff is not pristine. (13700 miles in last 13 months, at least 9000 have been off road)

But I don't abuse my stuff, I don't feel I do anything in my Raptor that it wasn't designed for.

I maintain it way above Ford recommendations. My point is if it is preventable I try to prevent it.

We 100% know what causes damage to the outside bolster of a seat, yet many don't do anything to stop it. And yes I have snapped at someone for sliding their ass. It is pure laziness.

Last edited: