What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Left it at the dealership due to a mistake on their part that will now cost me north of $2600, instead of my $100 deductible. At least I negotiated down from $3500. Having second thoughts buying the esp now. Should have just ordered the parts and did it myself.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Left it at the dealership due to a mistake on their part that will now cost me north of $2600, instead of my $100 deductible. At least I negotiated down from $3500. Having second thoughts buying the esp now. Should have just ordered the parts and did it myself.
Que?

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is a $tealership mistake costing YOU $2600. Not that I’m surprised, but curious.

debauch

Reaction score
I think the AC condenser drain in my truck is clogged because the interior air from the vents started smelling like an old damp cloth. I Lysoled the bajeezuz out of them and switched to a canonized cabin air filter. Much better now.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Picked her up from the dealership. Will need to go to the glass shop still to have the back window replaced. The defrost wires are hanging.

20230728_083047.jpg

While at the dealership they resealed the front cover, replaced the front diff and t-case oil. Also replaced the transmission filter. Thankfully I used a bunch of Ford Pass points to make it more tolerable bill.

Last edited:

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is a $tealership mistake costing YOU $2600. Not that I’m surprised, but curious.
They removed the right front shock and disassembled it, destroying it in the process, after I told them I didn't want it replaced. Forced to buy a new one with the upper mount now. So I told them they might as well replace the left one too. It was supposed to get both uca's (esp covered) only.

JorgesRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They removed the right front shock and disassembled it, destroying it in the process, after I told them I didn't want it replaced. Forced to buy a new one with the upper mount now. So I told them they might as well replace the left one too. It was supposed to get both uca's (esp covered) only.
Sounds like they messed up bad, why are you paying for it though?

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like they messed up bad, why are you paying for it though?
Initially they diagnosed the right front shock for a clunk in the front end. I gave them that description because the service writer didn't know how to write up the play in my upper ball joints. He told me the shock would be covered under esp. I knew better, but if they could push it through I was gonna have them replace the left side too, on my dime. Next day they call me and say the shock isn't covered,(nothing wrong with it other than 49k miles on it), so I tell them forget the shock, just do the uca's.
Bring it in today and as I'm waiting they bring the right front shock out to me and explain that the rod was corroded in the mount, damaging the mount and mashing the top of the rod trying to separate them.
So now my truck is torn apart on the hoist waiting for parts. Told them they might as well do the left side once it's apart. So part of the bill is on me.
If I didn't have an esp I would have simply replaced the uca's myself for under $500 and did the shocks at my convenience, being as it's a pavement queen.