What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Subaruski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome setup. I've been curious if the front Built Right racks would fit with the Ford retractable bedcover. Anyone know?

Can you still access onboard power behind the RotoPax can?

Added Built Right Industries bedside rack systems, integrated with the Ford BoxLink points, stuck in a 3-gal RotoPax can (for the four-wheeler) and a fire extinguisher.

View attachment 453035View attachment 453036

Last edited:

k3k0a808

Reaction score
Awesome setup. I've been curious if the front Built Right racks would fit with the Ford retractable bedcover. Anyone know?

I think the Ford Retractable cover is a Retrax... or at least it looked like one when I saw it at the dealership. If so my Retrax with the builtright Molle panels work together, just can't put the ones on the front because the canister blocks the front ones, I just got their small universal panels and put some threaded rivets in the side of the bed and mounted them. Took some quick pics.IMG_0581.jpegIMG_0580.jpeg

Last edited:

Madhouse

Reaction score

I have the Ford tri-panel flip back cover, all the Built Right panels fit well. BTW, in my last 3 trucks I used BakFlip covers, this thing feels like half the weight but easily as strong.

Nope, no access to the on-board power without removing the RotoPax. If I ever decide I need that power outlet, I'll swap the can and extinguisher and be good to go.

Punkur67

Reaction score
Ah man I’ve been wanting to this.
Is it actually legal in cali? Everything I was reading said no but I keep seeing them so I know I’m missing something.
Pretty sure it's not legal but neither is Window Tint on the front windows. I think it's close enough to the black and white plates that you can get from the CA dmv that I should be ok. They do some colors that are obviously the wrong colors from a mile away. I'm sure those would get you pulled over quickly

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure it's not legal but neither is Window Tint on the front windows. I think it's close enough to the black and white plates that you can get from the CA dmv that I should be ok. They do some colors that are obviously the wrong colors from a mile away. I'm sure those would get you pulled over quickly.
That looks pretty cool! As far as getting pulled over, in Texas it’s illegal to not have a front license plate. I haven't had one in 15 years and haven’t gotten pulled over. Let it rip.
200.gif

Madhouse

Reaction score
That looks pretty cool! As far as getting pulled over, in Texas it’s illegal to not have a front license plate. I haven't had one in 15 years and haven’t gotten pulled over. Let it rip.
Man, I never put a front plate on my 2000 Lightning, paid that fine twice, $75 a pop.