What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willwwright

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also did the same thing to Ford Credit. Refinanced with my Credit Union and got an interest rate at almost half of what I was originally going to pay.

Question though… how was the installing the third brake light adapter? Did you also run the wires into the cab?
Yeah I ran the switch line for ambers to the upfitters and the antenna wire into my center console where the radio lives. Wires tucked behind trim pieces, came out super clean. Here’s a pic of where it comes into the center console…

Attachments

• IMG_4949.jpeg
    IMG_4949.jpeg
    214 KB · Views: 71

MrSasquatch

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A couple changes since I last checked in… I added the Rigid SR-L lights to the back, tied into the brake lights for backlighting/reverse

IMG_6386.jpeg

Then I replaced the fog lights with Rigid Radiance Scene. That was a pain as I’m new to the wiring pieces but Sidney at @Specialtyperformanceparts set me right and helped me fill in the gaps.

IMG_6736.jpeg
IMG_6740.jpeg

Right now I have them all wired to switches but will soon have the adaptors to have backlight tied to marker lights and lights on aux1.

Also- bonus- I stopped by the Cycle Ranch in Floresville, TX over the weekend. They were technically closed but they gave me a tour and let me cruise the Raptor course. Can’t wait to go back out soon.

IMG_6687.jpeg

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Installed FMI rear end skid plate
Probably the dumbest question on the forum for the day, though how was the installation on that? I know it's sealed and likely removing a few bolts for a moment (assuming all goes well) and putting them back in won't cause any leakage or anything, right? What would Ford say, do you think, if there was an issue down the line with something in the pig? The only reason I ask is I have the extended warranty on this and trying...trying...to limit myself to as non-invasive of mods as possible. This is pretty non-invasive, though it requires the removal of bolts keeping sealed the rear end, and lube, ya know?

Thanks for entertaining this dumb question. Please flame away if you want, I can handle it lol.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably the dumbest question on the forum for the day, though how was the installation on that? I know it's sealed and likely removing a few bolts for a moment (assuming all goes well) and putting them back in won't cause any leakage or anything, right? What would Ford say, do you think, if there was an issue down the line with something in the pig? The only reason I ask is I have the extended warranty on this and trying...trying...to limit myself to as non-invasive of mods as possible. This is pretty non-invasive, though it requires the removal of bolts keeping sealed the rear end, and lube, ya know?

Thanks for entertaining this dumb question. Please flame away if you want, I can handle it lol.

I installed mine recently. Yes, you can install it without draining the oil. But if you haven’t done a diff oil change it’s a good time to do it. I like to do them early in the trucks life after break-in. There’s a decent amount of metal usually. Just order a new gasket like the lube locker on Amazon.

Install is slightly more involved than I anticipated. There is a ridge on the drivers side that needs to be ground down and repainted. Not entirely hard, a simple flap disk (80grit) on a angle grinder works well. Other than that install is pretty straight forward. There’s no instructions so I had to call foutz for that info.

willwwright

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It took 10 mins to install and that was with my toddler stealing the socket twice haha
I have my factory bolts still and if it starts to act up at all I will remove it and take it in for service/warranty.
I’d rather have the piece of mind since I use my truck Offroad more then the average starbucking raptor guy lol