What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed my Lowrance HDS 7 Gen II Touch and TYT TH-9800 this weekend. OMG! Taking a 3/4" drill to the roof of your truck is such a humbling experience!

Too bad the Lowrance isnt picking up any satellites.... fawk! Hopefully I can get it resolved over the phone with them tomorrow. Im guessing its some simple setting...

Attachments

• IMG_5358.jpg
    IMG_5358.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 119

siooss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out playing in the snow too
6d00d034cb0375451f7c822608086c56.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone else see what looks like two faces in the snow/shadows on the side of his truck? Attached photo with red arrows below original.

Attachments

• face pic.jpg
    face pic.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 135

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does the HDS7 Gen2 need an external GPS module?

No, but I found that mounting it far inside the cab it did not get a strong enough signal for me so added the point 1 antenna.

You can do a reset on the unit to see if that resolves your signal issues, but you will find it works much better with the point1 antenna

Wolff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another one ran in the blizzard. Picture was taken at just the beginning. Drove until about 5am Sat morning until the whiteout conditions became too dangerous and I had to take my windshield wipers off to thaw in the cab. This pic was taken around 1230A Saturday morning. My location ended up with just shy of 30 inches

2FD3885E-5D8C-4C73-8FDA-6D2358A4A912_zpsr7bkonbu.jpg

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the HDS7 Gen2 need an external GPS module?
Nope. Has an internal... which was why I bought it as opposed to other models.

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

No, but I found that mounting it far inside the cab it did not get a strong enough signal for me so added the point 1 antenna.

You can do a reset on the unit to see if that resolves your signal issues, but you will find it works much better with the point1 antenna
Fawk! Exactly what I didnt want to do.