Under $100 Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I plan on going brick and mortar. My main concern is getting the correct length shock since there are a lot of different models

Yeah, they guy at the counter had to look it up to make sure I got the right one. It didn't say on the package but they had several "flavors" one obviously being Ford F-150. I then inspected the package before I bought it to make sure it had the tee nut attachment.

Last edited:

WorldWideRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The picture on that one shows a nutsert, not the tee nut. It is also not the removable model. I'm not sure if the one I got is an older/discontinued model or just a different one, or just the picture is wrong. Sometimes there's no substitute for the brick and mortar shopping experience... :)

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

I got the Wolo Bad Boy Max and the Nautilus compact Truck Horn.

Amazon.com: Wolo 619 Big Bad Max Black 12V Air Horn Kit: Automotive

Authentic Stebel 11690058 Heavy Duty Black Truck Air Horn 12V 110dB Italy Made | eBay

Stebel Nautilus Compact Truck Horn 300Hz - YouTube

How did the install go? How do you like it?

scarrjack

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rekeyed the lock in the center console so I could lock it with a key other than the car key. Now I have a little bit of confidence that the valet or car wash guys can't shuffle through my stuff.

$12 for the rekey, $3 for each new key.

ajy4evym.jpg

where did you order the new lock set from?

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
O'Reillys Auto Parts. It attaches with.... a bolt and a special nut! Go figure. Much, much easier. Here's a video.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZcKAr0vhu4

The special nut part starts at 1:42.

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Oh, and for another under $100 mod, a Kidde Pro Series 340 5lb fire extinguisher for $50 at Lowes and a bracket at Amazon for $7. Behind the center console on the floor in the back is the spot I'm leaning towards putting it.

Throw away that stupid nut it ends up loosing up and do this. http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f11/ez-down-nutsert-problem-solved-15369/

LParkhurst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Throw away that stupid nut it ends up loosing up and do this. http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f11/ez-down-nutsert-problem-solved-15369/

Just installed the O'Reillys one (had one in stock) a couple minutes ago on my '14. Took longer to heat up the shrink wrap than to install the thing damn near. I can say with almost certainty that it will come loose at some point (maybe by tonight lol). Fingers crossed but not holding my breath. Wish I'd gone with the stripper pole now so it could be fixed properly. Works great though, should be a factory item on all pickups. Great cheap mod.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
where did you order the new lock set from?

I didn't. I used my existing one and just took it into the locksmith to have it rekeyed.

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

How did the install go? How do you like it?

You mean of the horns? I think the installer ran his own cables rather than using Ford's. Made no difference to me. Initially the OEM horn would sound when I flipped Aux 4. Something got wired wrong. He fixed it. Said he had to use a diode?

It sounds great, but I currently only have the Wolo installed. I'm waiting for the Nautilus to arrive, and wiring it to the Wolo. Then it will sound awesome I think. And being able to turn them "off" is convenient.

RigChaser962

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ill add one. Maybe it hasn't been added yet. Maybe it has. I'm to lazy to read.
Jegs 3" manual cutout 30.00
Drop my mid pipe and take it to my exhaust shop to cut and weld in the new cutout 20.00
50.00 and my cutout is in and block off plate much like my safety... Always off. :)

Sent from two Dixie cups and a piece of bailing twine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thatguyfromford