Under $100 Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love $100 and under mods. They are cheap and creative ways to make the car "yours". Whether it's increased comfort or just style, personalizing a $50,000 truck if fun. At least for me it is. :)

Instead of the DeeZee tailgate assist, I got one called EZ Down. It uses a different mechanism to attach instead of that dreadful "nutsert".

The Pop & lock is on its way.

The side mirror delete kit makes my truck look meaner.

A Wolo Air Horn adds character.

I had my exhaust tips chopped of for $10.

And sooo many over $100... Tuffy Storage box, Bestop bed cover, Flowmaster 40.... So little money, so many mods...

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love $100 and under mods. They are cheap and creative ways to make the car "yours". Whether it's increased comfort or just style, personalizing a $50,000 truck if fun. At least for me it is. :)

Instead of the DeeZee tailgate assist, I got one called EZ Down. It uses a different mechanism to attach instead of that dreadful "nutsert".

The Pop & lock is on its way.

The side mirror delete kit makes my truck look meaner.

A Wolo Air Horn adds character.

I had my exhaust tips chopped of for $10.

And sooo many over $100... Tuffy Storage box, Bestop bed cover, Flowmaster 40.... So little money, so many mods...

Where did you get the EZ Down and how is it attached if not with a nutsert?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where did you get the EZ Down and how is it attached if not with a nutsert?

O'Reillys Auto Parts. It attaches with.... a bolt and a special nut! Go figure. Much, much easier. Here's a video.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZcKAr0vhu4

The special nut part starts at 1:42.

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Oh, and for another under $100 mod, a Kidde Pro Series 340 5lb fire extinguisher for $50 at Lowes and a bracket at Amazon for $7. Behind the center console on the floor in the back is the spot I'm leaning towards putting it.

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
O'Reillys Auto Parts. It attaches with.... a bolt and a special nut! Go figure. Much, much easier. Here's a video.

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Oh, and for another under $100 mod, a Kidde Pro Series 340 5lb fire extinguisher for $50 at Lowes and a bracket at Amazon for $7. Behind the center console on the floor in the back is the spot I'm leaning towards putting it.

Have the part number by chance?

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No, sorry. I threw away the box, but kept the instructions. It has a parts list.

It was very confusing to find this on the internet, as it appears that the nutsert is used in some models. That's why I went to my local O'Reillys to make sure I got one without it.

6usejaqy.jpg

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Any chance this is it?

Sachs EZDown SG304900EZ - Lift Support | O'Reilly Auto Parts

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score

The picture on that one shows a nutsert, not the tee nut. It is also not the removable model. I'm not sure if the one I got is an older/discontinued model or just a different one, or just the picture is wrong. Sometimes there's no substitute for the brick and mortar shopping experience... :)

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

Z, which horn did you get?

I got the Wolo Bad Boy Max and the Nautilus compact Truck Horn.

Amazon.com: Wolo 619 Big Bad Max Black 12V Air Horn Kit: Automotive

Authentic Stebel 11690058 Heavy Duty Black Truck Air Horn 12V 110dB Italy Made | eBay

Stebel Nautilus Compact Truck Horn 300Hz - YouTube

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The picture on that one shows a nutsert, not the tee nut. It is also not the removable model. I'm not sure if the one I got is an older/discontinued model or just a different one, or just the picture is wrong. Sometimes there's no substitute for the brick and mortar shopping experience... :)

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

I got the Wolo Bad Boy Max and the Nautilus compact Truck Horn.

Amazon.com: Wolo 619 Big Bad Max Black 12V Air Horn Kit: Automotive

Authentic Stebel 11690058 Heavy Duty Black Truck Air Horn 12V 110dB Italy Made | eBay

Stebel Nautilus Compact Truck Horn 300Hz - YouTube

I plan on going brick and mortar. My main concern is getting the correct length shock since there are a lot of different models

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thatguyfromford