Under $100 Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bakkbakk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far ive gotten the k&n air filter, the amsoil, the door detent, the plastidip, and will get a taller than stubby antenna and mud flaps when I get back to driving. I also got the catch can but I think it was just over $100. Good thread

I wont be using the air filter after reading the guys problems with 02 sensors after he put in an mbrp turndown with the k&n. I have the turndown so Ill just leave the stock filter in and hope I don't have any 02 sensor issues with the exhasut

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been running the filter for a couple of weeks with no issues. I am planning to replace it with a Roush CAI this weekend. The K&N drop in shouldn't be causing any issues.

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So far ive gotten the k&n air filter, the amsoil, the door detent, the plastidip, and will get a taller than stubby antenna and mud flaps when I get back to driving. I also got the catch can but I think it was just over $100. Good thread

I wont be using the air filter after reading the guys problems with 02 sensors after he put in an mbrp turndown with the k&n. I have the turndown so Ill just leave the stock filter in and hope I don't have any 02 sensor issues with the exhasut

ive had a k&n drop in and turndown combo for almost a year. no issues

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Yes, that is the one. I confirmed it today at O'Reillys.

turadezy.jpg

mymamavu.jpg

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed the same product yesterday on my 2014. Piece of cake... works great!

R,
HAP

D

Deleted member 12951

Yes, that is the one. I confirmed it today at O'Reillys.

turadezy.jpg

mymamavu.jpg

I had this one on my 2011 F-150 and I got it also at O'Reilly's. Even though it worked, I didn't care much for it. The cables got in the way and over time, created marks on the tailgate side. I got the new model of the DeeZee and like it better, had no issue with the nutsert.

Sent using Tapatalk

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's easy to use a regular nut with the DeeZee. Huge thread on it somewhere here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just installed the O'Reillys one (had one in stock) a couple minutes ago on my '14. Took longer to heat up the shrink wrap than to install the thing damn near. I can say with almost certainty that it will come loose at some point (maybe by tonight lol). Fingers crossed but not holding my breath. Wish I'd gone with the stripper pole now so it could be fixed properly. Works great though, should be a factory item on all pickups. Great cheap mod.

You can still replace the nutsert with out the step and poll. You need to remove the panel on the tail gate. Check the how to thread.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronn