Two switches of deathray!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Big Blue. I was trying to get an idea of the space in the center of the compartment. If the light is 3" then we have approximately 6" to work with.

Snowbuster

Reaction score
Big Blue, you have a different brackett than I have. Mine are cast metal, yours loks to be just a angle brackett with a ajustable slot ? When I put my bracketts on the light - they 1/2" short of the holes and too wide to hit the hole due to the hood stop angle brackett. ?

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big Blue, you have a different brackett than I have. Mine are cast metal, yours loks to be just a angle brackett with a ajustable slot ? When I put my bracketts on the light - they 1/2" short of the holes and too wide to hit the hole due to the hood stop angle brackett. ?

Weird. Yes, they are just 2 L-brackets. Give em a call, they will ship you out replacements right away. :peace:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Big blue - thanks for posting this mod. I was looking at mounting lights behind the grill, the light bar is a great idea. One thing I was wondering about was the heat from the light. Does it get hot? Would it melt the grill? Thanks.

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big blue - thanks for posting this mod. I was looking at mounting lights behind the grill, the light bar is a great idea. One thing I was wondering about was the heat from the light. Does it get hot? Would it melt the grill? Thanks.

Not at all. The beauty of LEDs is that they don’t put out a lot of heat

X2 no heat, and no warm up time, and LONG life

Agreed. Warm at most, never hot..

Additionally, with the hood closed, the light bar is no closer than 2" from the grill at the closest point [edges] and 3" at the furtherest point
..(Since the grill is curved).

Regards :peace:

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI guys..the grill light is as bright as the 20" lower light. That is how much light is blocked from the grill. I would suggest saving your money on the 40" light bar and installing the ORP hood mounts lights.

I have the SDHQ setup with Vision X light bars.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
SPRSNK, do you have any pictures or evidence of that? I'm curious because I was considering going the 40 behind the grille route.

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI guys..the grill light is as bright as the 20" lower light. That is how much light is blocked from the grill. I would suggest saving your money on the 40" light bar and installing the ORP hood mounts lights.

I have the SDHQ setup with Vision X light bars.

I call BS...Again

SPRSNK, do you have any pictures or evidence of that? I'm curious because I was considering going the 40 behind the grille route.

Great question!

I am willing to make this public bet with SPRSNK as I beleive his claim is BS.

I will spend $100 for a light meter. I will measure the output of my 20 bar alone and then the 40 bar alone.......(taking pics of the results so no hanky panky)

If the 20 bar is "as bright as the 40" which you keep claiming. I eat the $100 for the light meter and admit you were right....

If the 40 bar provides more light than the 20 (which I claim), you send me a check for the cost of the light meter and promise to **** on this issue going forward....

So you want to put your money where your mouth is?????
:peace:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alotajs