Two switches of deathray!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So what ever happened with the light meter testing?

Who knows! I guess they gave up on that foolishness. I know one thing though, not as much light is lost behind the grill as some think, because my 40" gives off way way more light then my 4 D2's and each D2 is 2600 lumines.

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
justvettn is messing with you - the 40" barely throws any light. It's also safe to stare directly at the sun. The clouds block most of the light.

I looked directly at the 40" and barely noticed anything. I could see normally about 15 minutes later. Get some halogens and you'll be happy as a camper.

:roflbow:

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So here's the final Deathray setup:

3632-all-lights-30.jpg

3633-all-lights-15.jpg

Holy $%&@!!! Pretty sure you can literally turn night into day! I think it's time I pick up the 40". That thing looks like it throws a ton of light everywhere.

Last edited:

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's really fun to go to a pitch black area of town and light up the night. I made the mistake of looking at the 40" head on - I saw stars for five minutes.

Sadly it makes my headlights seem like candles!! I'm really considering getting some HID headlights to get brighter, whiter lights. Maybe just low beams to help with driving around town.

The 40" is a monster. I can't image the 50" on the roof.

willis68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's really fun to go to a pitch black area of town and light up the night. I made the mistake of looking at the 40" head on - I saw stars for five minutes.

Sadly it makes my headlights seem like candles!! I'm really considering getting some HID headlights to get brighter, whiter lights. Maybe just low beams to help with driving around town.

The 40" is a monster. I can't image the 50" on the roof.

you definitely should get a Retro job HID setup you will love it, Ducati should be able to hook you up with something very cool go with the 55 watt as opposed to 35 mine are from Sick Hids and they are so bright you would have to see to believe i love them

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK, I really need to get some help. An intervention may be the only option left. My name is iSurvive and I am addicted to lights!

Here's my final lighting mod (except for Ducati HIDs). I added the 20" Baja Designs LED light bar I won in the FRF contest. I installed it in the upper grill using a bracket I fabricated.

The battle over darkness is complete! :Jedi:

3995-all-lights.jpg

A high contrast version of the truck:

3996-img-0565-dark.jpg

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think you need to see a shrink......... or at least post in the "addicted to frf" post.......

that is one hell of a bright front end. daylight at night........... i like it