Two switches of deathray!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RatedSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The 20" kit requires very precise drilling of 1/2" holes, plus 1/2" holes on the inside of each bumperette.

The 40" kit (made for the Raptor) uses pre-existing holes. You must order the Raptor Upper Grille Kit to get the right brackets. The standard brackets do not work.

Well I just wanted to get the 40" bracket from rigid for behind the grill, & run a M&R light bar. just seeing if I can go that route.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I just wanted to get the 40" bracket from rigid for behind the grill, & run a M&R light bar. just seeing if I can go that route.

If the dimensions and mounting is the same it should work, but the rigid 40" is a snug fit almost like it was made for the Raptor. If the M&R is any bigger you might have problems making it fit.

The Rigid brackets are only $9.49 and mine came with a Raptor wiring harness.

Last edited:

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the demotions and mounting is the same it should work, but the rigid 40" is a snug fit almost like it was made for the Raptor. If the M&R is any bigger you might have problems making it fit.

The Rigid brackets are only $9.49 and mine came with a Raptor wiring harness.

Yes, you can buy the brackets from Rigid. But as justvettn stated, the light bar would need to fit about the same.

The Raptor brackets do not come with Rigid lights, unless you buy the Raptor Kit that includes the light and brackets. This has been the case with all of the lights I bought so far. The standard Rigid lights come with universal mounting brackets.

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

I love my four Hella's.

Yes they are JUST 100 watts each and yes they only throw 200 meters of daylight EACH, but I really wish I had a rigid behind the grill so I could pay all that money to hide 30-40% of the light I paid for.

Sorry I couldn't resist the satire.

Jeff

It is what it is... Rigid isn't claiming 100% output through the grille. I think the stealth factor is very cool. They give you a 40" light with an option to mount it behind the grille. So maybe you get 30 inches worth of light. It beats mounting a smaller light and getting less light thru the grille. So when you buy the Raptor 40" Upper Grille Kit, you get 100% of what you paid for (IMHO).

:favorites37:

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes some light is lost behind the grill, but you would never know it as that sucker is very bright and throws a lot of white light a long way down the road, even with the grill in front of it.

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here's my 4 Switches of Deathray:

3210-img-0470.jpg

3212-img-0472.jpg