Two switches of deathray!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd love to see a comparison... if it was in SoCal, I'd be happy to donate my truck for testing, with the new 43" Xmitter Extreme!

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do any of you guys know if you have to drill any wholes for that bracket to fit?:birgits_tiredcoffee

The 20" kit requires very precise drilling of 1/2" holes, plus 1/2" holes on the inside of each bumperette.

The 40" kit (made for the Raptor) uses pre-existing holes. You must order the Raptor Upper Grille Kit to get the right brackets. The standard brackets do not work.

I have the 20" Lower Grille Kit and (4) Rigid Duallys for fog lights. I want the 40" Upper Grille just because it's cool, but I am buying the Outlaw Raptor hood mounts and (2) VisionX HID Eurobeams first. Way more light and higher up on the vehicle. The 50" Roof Mount looks awesome, but I hear it causes whistling noise and I cannot afford the extra height (barely makes it into garage now).

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The 20" kit requires very precise drilling of 1/2" holes, plus 1/2" holes on the inside of each bumperette.

The 40" kit (made for the Raptor) uses pre-existing holes. You must order the Raptor Upper Grille Kit to get the right brackets. The standard brackets do not work.

I have the 20" Lower Grille Kit and (4) Rigid Duallys for fog lights. I want the 40" Upper Grille just because it's cool, but I am buying the Outlaw Raptor hood mounts and (2) VisionX HID Eurobeams first. Way more light and higher up on the vehicle. The 50" Roof Mount looks awesome, but I hear it causes whistling noise and I cannot afford the extra height (barely makes it into garage now).

I recently installed the 40" behind the grill. super easy to bolt on using existing holes and bolts and yes it looks very cool, even during the day it looks great.
These lights are addictive I have plans for many more.

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I recently installed the 40" behind the grill. super easy to bolt on using existing holes and bolts and yes it looks very cool, even during the day it looks great.
These lights are addictive I have plans for many more.

Yes they are addictive - too addictive! But they look GREAT.

AlbertaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my four Hella's.

Yes they are JUST 100 watts each and yes they only throw 200 meters of daylight EACH, but I really wish I had a rigid behind the grill so I could pay all that money to hide 30-40% of the light I paid for.

Sorry I couldn't resist the satire.

Jeff

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
I love my four Hella's.

Yes they are JUST 100 watts each and yes they only throw 200 meters of daylight EACH, but I really wish I had a rigid behind the grill so I could pay all that money to hide 30-40% of the light I paid for.

Jeff

Don't worry. Just keep your nose to the ol' grindstone and someday you may be able to afford it.:winner_first_h4h:

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love my four Hella's.

Jeff

That's OK! I bought my new Rigid 40" for 40% off so it works out Ha ha!
Not sure how much light is lost from the grill, but it is still blinding even during the day and throws a huge amount of light down the road at night. It is more stealthy and better protected from theft behind the grill. I have the Gen2 Hybrid optics which is supposed to be better some how.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's OK! I bought my new Rigid 40" for 40% off so it works out Ha ha!
Not sure how much light is lost from the grill, but it is still blinding even during the day and throws a huge amount of light down the road at night. It is more stealthy and better protected from theft behind the grill. I have the Gen2 Hybrid optics which is supposed to be better some how.

Agreed, stealth is sometimes needed when you are in a state they does not permit light bars.

Also, in Pennsylvania, a vehicle can only have two auxiliary lights, and the must be mounted 20" apart, center to center. So the cool looking 4 round hella or KC lighted wouldn't be legal.