GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
rjbrittain11 said:
- I will be paying cash, so do you think that will give me some leverage?
No...the dealer would rather have you finance through Ford Credit. They make make more $$ when they get that little kick back from Ford Credit.

ReefBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance, I know the answer to this question is already posted somewhere but I can't find it. Now that I have ordered a truck over email, my dealer said it is in the Ford build bank and they have my refundable deposit. They didn't give me an order number yet. What exactly do I need to ask them for so I can eventually check on the status? Is DORA the right term or something else? Thanks!

You should have walked out of the dealership with a signed document listing your options that you ordered.

It has your order number on it.

ROMILOWITZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should have walked out of the dealership with a signed document listing your options that you ordered.

It has your order number on it.

Everything was done via phone/email since it isn't a local dealer. They sent me a preview order PDF with the options/price and a 4-digit order code and a 6-digit sales code before I told them to go ahead and order and put down my deposit over the phone. Then they said it was in the build bank and they would keep me up to date.

So is the order code the order number? Seems like a 4-digit number would be too short...

ReefBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything was done via phone/email since it isn't a local dealer. They sent me a preview order PDF with the options/price and a 4-digit order code and a 6-digit sales code before I told them to go ahead and order and put down my deposit over the phone. Then they said it was in the build bank and they would keep me up to date.

So is the order code the order number? Seems like a 4-digit number would be too short...

Order code is 4 digits . . . dealer code is the 'sales code'

Thib

Reaction score
Nothing Yet

Ordered mine from Varsity Ford in Ann Arbor two weeks ago. Nothing yet....

Magnetic, all the bells and whistles minus Moon Roof and Stickers...

Jhillen50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered mine from Varsity Ford in Ann Arbor two weeks ago. Nothing yet....

Magnetic, all the bells and whistles minus Moon Roof and Stickers...

Ordered mine last Thursday from Bill Brown Ford in Livonia. Hopefully we get some kind of advantage being so close to the Dearborn assembly plant lol.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went in to talk to the salesman that I ordered the new truck from and in small chat with one of the sales managers while I was wondering around the floor, he indicated that they had a much larger number of 16's still to move out than in previous years, and that he didn't expect Ford to really push the 17's hard until current inventory levels dropped a bit. Anyone else gotten that feeling in their discussions with their local dealers ? Darin ? Might explain why the 17's haven't hit the website yet.

Ford won't change their build schedule for the 17's based on how much inventory is currently on the lot. What will change is how aggressive they are on rebates to move the 16's. The model year change over happens at a different time every year. We've had some 17' models now for 6 months but some models they aren't even building 17's yet. I've never really been able to find the answer of why that is.

Okay, thanks. I will just double-check that the code didn't change between the preview order and the actual order.

When I go in to just do a price quote I just throw a generic order # in. When I submit an order then I go to the office with or order records and pull the next order number in line. So your price quote probably doesn't have the correct order #.

96LT4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does Ford give priority to units that are considered "sold"?

For example, the big dealers have 70+ allocations but have only sold 10 where as my dealer has 7 allocations, and now sold 5. Will they pull the sold ones first?