GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MY 1st Ford

Reaction score
Order Guides

Do the Ford order guides change through out the year? I have ordered Wranglers before and it seems they come out with a new guide every month. Sometimes color changes or different options. What I am wondering is would the Sony radio ever be available as an option on the base 800A.
Also on the price sheet I see the Power-sliding Rear window listed as a $450 option for the Raptor,(435). But it doesn't show it as an option under the equipment group list.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do the Ford order guides change through out the year? I have ordered Wranglers before and it seems they come out with a new guide every month. Sometimes color changes or different options. What I am wondering is would the Sony radio ever be available as an option on the base 800A.
Also on the price sheet I see the Power-sliding Rear window listed as a $450 option for the Raptor,(435). But it doesn't show it as an option under the equipment group list.

Not likely to change at all during the model year unless something becomes scarce. You likely have to pick up the rear window option with one of the packages.

Jackie

Reaction score
I've been trying to get a deal done here in NorthWest Arkansas and get a straight answer around allocations/dealer order volume. Reached out to a new dealer yesterday and was told that their Ford GSM or something is saying that new Avalanche Orders are 3 months out due to paint supply delays. The dealer is completely unknown to me, but they seemed very interested in working a deal in another color. Anyone hear the same?

Still looking for a dealer @ MSRP and minimal BS if anyone knows of one here in NWA.

ReefBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to get a deal done here in NorthWest Arkansas and get a straight answer around allocations/dealer order volume. Reached out to a new dealer yesterday and was told that their Ford GSM or something is saying that new Avalanche Orders are 3 months out due to paint supply delays. The dealer is completely unknown to me, but they seemed very interested in working a deal in another color. Anyone hear the same?

Still looking for a dealer @ MSRP and minimal BS if anyone knows of one here in NWA.

That sounds silly. Paint is just paint. You could go to any automotive paint place with the color code and walk out with gallons.

Besides--someone on here who works with ford said--if something is delaying an order, it would get kicked back with a notification.

Shooter10x

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just told by my dealer that their second truck received a build date today. In order to get it through, they had to remove the carbon fiber. I'm next in line, so I'm hoping Ford gets the carbon fiber straightened out!

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Did they have a particular color they were trying to convince you to take? Or did you tell them your second choice? Sounds like they have one on order that someone backed out on and it is not avalanche, that is the type of BS dealer I would run far away from.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Scheduling was scarce on the Raptor last week. Our Ford rep told me this morning that our entire region only got 2 Raptors scheduled last week.

StrikerHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went in to talk to the salesman that I ordered the new truck from and in small chat with one of the sales managers while I was wondering around the floor, he indicated that they had a much larger number of 16's still to move out than in previous years, and that he didn't expect Ford to really push the 17's hard until current inventory levels dropped a bit. Anyone else gotten that feeling in their discussions with their local dealers ? Darin ? Might explain why the 17's haven't hit the website yet.

jdaallen

Reaction score
Just spoke with my dealer. There is no hold because of Avalanche Gray. The only hold currently is the Carbon Fiber package and that's due to supplier problems. My Avalanche Gray is locked into a build date of Wed, October 12, 2016 and she says it still a go.