GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not heard that but there are over 1,000 new f150's on the lots in the Memphis area so it does make some sense.

Tons of them up here in Canada too, maybe they should just run raptors until they clear out the 16 f150's, then all our orders would be cleared out, the 16's will be gone and they can go full out on 17 f150's.

Somebody get ford on the horn and tell them of my fantastic idea.

StrikerHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just spoke with my dealer. There is no hold because of Avalanche Gray. The only hold currently is the Carbon Fiber package and that's due to supplier problems. My Avalanche Gray is locked into a build date of Wed, October 12, 2016 and she says it still a go.
Congrats. I continue to hold my place in line within the Great Waiting Game.

The only thing worse that being in Wait Club....
Is NOT yet being in Wait Club.
The only thing better than being in Wait Club...
Is HAVING BEEN in Wait Club.
<grins evilly>

ROMILOWITZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just placed an order for $500 below MSRP (w/ military discount). I am the second in line at this particular dealership. Seems like a small dealer, but the sales staff is incredibly helpful and friendly unlike a lot of the dealers I initially spoke with. We'll see how this goes. Never spent this much money on a vehicle before, especially sight unseen and without test driving it.

rjbrittain11

Reaction score
New here folks. My name is Robert. Im looking to order a Raptor and here are couple details:

- I live in California, East Bay
- I have one dealership close to me, Walnut Creek Ford

I went in there yesterday to talk to them about the ordering process and they told me they have 5 raptors on order coming in a couple months. 4 of them have been bought but the last one is for me! The salesman said it just like that...so sneaky he is. I wonder how many before me he has told that too.

I told them i wanted to order my own customized as the one they told me that is coming in is the Lithium Gray (which that color option isn't even listed on the available colors), and I don't want that color. So they gave me the Order/Equipment list and told them what i wanted and mark it all up. So i did.

They said they will call me today with more order info as the lady, Stephanie, was gone for the day and she deals with all of that. Then I left.

Its now 4:07pm with no phone call.

When I left, I spoke with my father, who manages the Fleet Division for a large agriculture company and deals with dealers on a daily basis. He uses something called Chrome Data. Its a cool online app that he can fill out the order forms exactly like the dealers do to order his vehicles. It prints you out a 31 page document with everything you ever wanted to know about the vehicle. So I now have a print out of exactly what I want and the price for both invoice and MSRP. Here is the breakdown:

Price Summary: (Invoice/MSRP)
Base Price: $47,718/$51,310
Total Options: $12,496/$13,580
Vehicle Subtotal: $60,214/$64,890
Adjustments: $0/$0
Destination Charge: $1,195/$1,195
Grand Total: $61,409/$66,085

This doesn't include tax/title/all other fees associated with buying. I was also told by my father that even if the dealer tells you "i'll sell it to you at invoice and i won't make a penny" is not true. There is something called "Holdback." With this truck and price, it will be about $2000. Holdback is something the manufacture gives the dealer on top of the invoice price. How it works I don't know. So even if they sell it to you at invoice, they are still making about $2k.

My questions:

- Has anyone used Chrome Data to negotiate with the dealer?
- My dealer said he is selling them for $8k mark up. If that is the case, you think its possible to just tell them i want it for no more than MSRP?
- I will be paying cash, so do you think that will give me some leverage?

Here are my list of options told them i want and have put into Chrome Data:

- Color: Ruby Red Metallic
- SuperCrew
- 802A Luxery - Invoice: $8,597 / MSPR: $9,345
- Twin Panel Moonroof - $1295
- Tailgate Applique - $495
- Raptor Technology Package - $1950
- Spray-in Bedliner - $495

Oh, and FYI, Chrome Data gives you all the stats on the vehicle too. Gross Weight is 7050 pounds :)

ReefBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New here folks. My name is Robert. Im looking to order a Raptor and here are couple details:

- I live in California, East Bay
- I have one dealership close to me, Walnut Creek Ford

I went in there yesterday to talk to them about the ordering process and they told me they have 5 raptors on order coming in a couple months. 4 of them have been bought but the last one is for me! The salesman said it just like that...so sneaky he is. I wonder how many before me he has told that too.

I told them i wanted to order my own customized as the one they told me that is coming in is the Lithium Gray (which that color option isn't even listed on the available colors), and I don't want that color. So they gave me the Order/Equipment list and told them what i wanted and mark it all up. So i did.

They said they will call me today with more order info as the lady, Stephanie, was gone for the day and she deals with all of that. Then I left.

Its now 4:07pm with no phone call.

When I left, I spoke with my father, who manages the Fleet Division for a large agriculture company and deals with dealers on a daily basis. He uses something called Chrome Data. Its a cool online app that he can fill out the order forms exactly like the dealers do to order his vehicles. It prints you out a 31 page document with everything you ever wanted to know about the vehicle. So I now have a print out of exactly what I want and the price for both invoice and MSRP. Here is the breakdown:

Price Summary: (Invoice/MSRP)
Base Price: $47,718/$51,310
Total Options: $12,496/$13,580
Vehicle Subtotal: $60,214/$64,890
Adjustments: $0/$0
Destination Charge: $1,195/$1,195
Grand Total: $61,409/$66,085

This doesn't include tax/title/all other fees associated with buying. I was also told by my father that even if the dealer tells you "i'll sell it to you at invoice and i won't make a penny" is not true. There is something called "Holdback." With this truck and price, it will be about $2000. Holdback is something the manufacture gives the dealer on top of the invoice price. How it works I don't know. So even if they sell it to you at invoice, they are still making about $2k.

My questions:

- Has anyone used Chrome Data to negotiate with the dealer?
- My dealer said he is selling them for $8k mark up. If that is the case, you think its possible to just tell them i want it for no more than MSRP?
- I will be paying cash, so do you think that will give me some leverage?

Here are my list of options told them i want and have put into Chrome Data:

- Color: Ruby Red Metallic
- SuperCrew
- 802A Luxery - Invoice: $8,597 / MSPR: $9,345
- Twin Panel Moonroof - $1295
- Tailgate Applique - $495
- Raptor Technology Package - $1950
- Spray-in Bedliner - $495

Oh, and FYI, Chrome Data gives you all the stats on the vehicle too. Gross Weight is 7050 pounds :)

You can tell a dealer anything. He can tell you to pound sand. I'd wish a dealer wanting an 8k markup good luck in their future endeavors.

Pretty much everyone in here went in armed with the internal ford documents that show invoice vs msrp. With very very few exceptions, people are paying MSRP.

rjbrittain11

Reaction score
You can tell a dealer anything. He can tell you to pound sand. I'd wish a dealer wanting an 8k markup good luck in their future endeavors.

Pretty much everyone in here went in armed with the internal ford documents that show invoice vs msrp. With very very few exceptions, people are paying MSRP.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, all i want it MSRP. I am totally ok with that.

ROMILOWITZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance, I know the answer to this question is already posted somewhere but I can't find it. Now that I have ordered a truck over email, my dealer said it is in the Ford build bank and they have my refundable deposit. They didn't give me an order number yet. What exactly do I need to ask them for so I can eventually check on the status? Is DORA the right term or something else? Thanks!