GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

impactbumper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put my order in today, on a dealer allocation which was available. OW, Screw, 802 package and spray on bed liner add on. Pretty stocked. MSRP, unfortunately. When time is due, I will arm wrestle them a bit. Now the waiting game. What do you guys think 3-6 months?

ROMILOWITZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question for those who may be in the know. I found a few dealers that will sell at MSRP and have open allocations. One dealer has 22 allocations, 20 of which are already filled and only 2 of which have been given a build date. Another dealer has nobody on their list yet, but they are a tiny dealer in the middle of nowhere and about twice the distance from my house (10 hour drive). Am I better off taking one of the two remaining allocations from the larger, closer dealer and having 20 people in front of me, or is it better to be first on the list of a small dealer? Will being first on the list mean I get a vehicle sooner since that would be the only truck going to that dealer or will it be the same delivery time regardless of where I order from and how many people are in front of me?

gravedgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any particular reason why? Just curious. Thanks.
Because you'd be first in their line, but that's no guarantee. I ordered a GT350 within a day or two of the order books opening from a small dealer. 4 months later, people who had ordered in the last 45-60 days were taking delivery and I didn't even have a VIN. 5 months later and dozens had their cars and I didn't even have a VIN.

First of the smallest is not always the best place to be. Its a toss up either way.

Mr Roarke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any particular reason why? Just curious. Thanks.

Because i would think that they would get 1 before the other dealer gets 20, even if it is large. The place that i ordered from is only getting 2 and ill see it before december im sure. For 20 at that large dealer im guessing it will be april before youd see one. Not that i know for sure, but a guess

---------- Post added at 04:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 AM ----------

Because you'd be first in their line, but that's no guarantee. I ordered a GT350 within a day or two of the order books opening from a small dealer. 4 months later, people who had ordered in the last 45-60 days were taking delivery and I didn't even have a VIN. 5 months later and dozens had their cars and I didn't even have a VIN.

First of the smallest is not always the best place to be. Its a toss up either way.

Yes, but there were lots of smaller dealers getting them early as well. It also depends on how hard the dealer wants to push the rep. My 350R wasnt going to be built this year but my dealer pushed the rep and they got it done.

ROMILOWITZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because i would think that they would get 1 before the other dealer gets 20, even if it is large. The place that i ordered from is only getting 2 and ill see it before december im sure. For 20 at that large dealer im guessing it will be april before youd see one. Not that i know for sure, but a guess

That's kind of the way I feel, but I guess there's no way to know for sure. I'm really torn about what to do.

Lightman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got a surprising call from my dealer today on a non raptor related topic. Then at the end of the voicemail he tells me (I'm third in line to get the raptor) that 'the first one we ordered has already been built, and the second one is 'in the plant now' ' ....and that mine should be scheduled soon. Everything I've seen on here has oct build dates so this was surprising. Don't shoot the messenger, just relaying what my sales guy said..but I wonder if Ford could be sandbagging a bit and is already making them... perhaps the first one is a dealer stock order and not retail.

Ballistic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they start with Dealer stock before custom orders. I should ask my friend at a dealership if they know when they get there dealer stock ones.