GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting RW - def loving the few pics of magnetic I've seen and am glad I ordered one.I have to agree with you though on the wheels - they aren't the best look. I didn't order the factory fake beadlocks because they're just that, but they sure do look a lot better than those. I guess I'll save my money and hope the aftermarket makes some solid choices in the same size/offset as stock...I'm not a big fan of messing up suspension geometry with offsize aftermarket wheels...even though they sometimes look cool.

How are the factory bead lock capable wheels fake bead locks?

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I probably should edit my post - was just being a bit sarcastic because I think they are difficult to use, if they are like the others. See here for more discussion/speculation. http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260/questions-ford-bead-lock-wheels-49061/

I agree that they do not come with the bead lock ring installed, but If the ring is installed, they are true bead lock wheels. Hence "bead lock capable". I would like to see the rings included, but since they didn't include them on the Gen1, I don't suspect they will on the Gen2. Also even if they weren't bead lock capable, I would still choose a forged wheel over cast every day of the week. Especially on an off-road truck.

SJRaptorG2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"waiting on a build date!

I just got this response from FB Ford Service! What you guys think?

“ Hey, Lou! Congrats on your order. It is in the system and is currently waiting on a build date. Check in with us, weekly, for additional updates.”

Is this better than “unscheduled, clean”?

Sorry, tried to post the screen shot but having hard time.

Lightman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got this response from FB Ford Service! What you guys think?

“ Hey, Lou! Congrats on your order. It is in the system and is currently waiting on a build date. Check in with us, weekly, for additional updates.”

Is this better than “unscheduled, clean”?

Sorry, tried to post the screen shot but having hard time.

Sounds like the same thing, diff wording. It's gonna be many weeks guys..breathe ;)