GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your fooling yourself. IF they did come out with a V8 it might happen in 3 years or more. And then I bet the guy with the TTV6 smokes you in what ever type of race you'd like to do.

You're smoking crack, 1 they will more than likely drop a v8, 2 even now you can soup and build a base model with a v8 that would smoke the ecopoop, 3 an ecopoop smoking a v8eb? Only in your crack dreams.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where did I say TTV8?

Why would you think they would dump an existing lower power n/a v8 into a raptor that already has a higher hp tt v6? If you hadn't caught onto the fact that we were referring a v8 Eco by now then you're behind the power curve.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been noted that Ford a few years ago trademarked the name Eco Beast. Everyone is assuming it's the V8TT that is going in the next GT500. Don't know if it will ever make it into the Raptor....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
I would love a TTV8. The only reason I think it won't happen is because of the NHTSA/EPA and the Obama administration passing that fuel efficiency standards goal for 2025. They say every automakers car/light duty truck needs to have an equivalent of 54 MPG by 2025. Now I don't know if the F150 will fall into that category or if the Raptor will be exempt for certain reasons. Automakers do have an incentive to raise MPGs and if it requires adding a turbo, lowering displacement and cylinders to do so (EcoBoost), then I see that as possibility. Also with the phasing out of the 5.0L in favor of the 3.5L and 2.7L, I see Ford already moving in that direction. No idea whether the Raptor or GT500, ect will be excluded from these requirements because they are "specialty" vehicles. I just really don't see Ford going back higher in regards to cylinders and displacement. Lots of new tech to be had in these new engines. But no one knows what's going to happen and we'll all just have to wait and see. Either way... Thanks Obama..

http://www.nhtsa.gov/About+NHTSA/Pr...s+Historic+54.5+mpg+Fuel+Efficiency+Standards

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hate to inform you but the next gen Raptor will the new V4TT. Ya its 600hp and 720 TQ and gets 47mpg!!! All you V6TT fans gonna hate that V4 exhaust sound...