GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I would love a TTV8. The only reason I think it won't happen is because of the NHTSA/EPA and the Obama administration passing that fuel efficiency standards goal for 2025. They say every automakers car/light duty truck needs to have an equivalent of 54 MPG by 2025. Now I don't know if the F150 will fall into that category or if the Raptor will be exempt for certain reasons. Automakers do have an incentive to raise MPGs and if it requires adding a turbo, lowering displacement and cylinders to do so (EcoBoost), then I see that as possibility. Also with the phasing out of the 5.0L in favor of the 3.5L and 2.7L, I see Ford already moving in that direction. No idea whether the Raptor or GT500, ect will be excluded from these requirements because they are "specialty" vehicles. I just really don't see Ford going back higher in regards to cylinders and displacement. Lots of new tech to be had in these new engines. But no one knows what's going to happen and we'll all just have to wait and see. Either way... Thanks Obama..

http://www.nhtsa.gov/About+NHTSA/Pr...s+Historic+54.5+mpg+Fuel+Efficiency+Standards

http://www.greencarreports.com/news...s-mileage-goal-is-40-mpg--or-so--not-54-5-mpg

Raptors are less than 2% of overall F Series sales

Super Duty trucks are taken into consideration

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
Let's Be Clear: Real 2025 Gas-Mileage Goal Is 40 MPG--Or So--Not 54.5 MPG

Raptors are less than 2% of overall F Series sales

Super Duty trucks are taken into consideration

I understand. I also now see it's a collective average of the fleet. I just notice a trend and where Ford is choosing to invest money. Lots of money/time going into the EB engines. And a diesel F150 is a real possibility, very soon. I also see the displacement in the Super Duties going down in years to come as well. My guess is by 2020 the displacement in SD's will be less than 5.5L. Things are becoming inherently more efficient now. It happens with all things, not just motors. Computers were the size of whole rooms 20+ years ago, now something with 10,000 times the amount of memory and storage fit into the palm of your hand. It's just the evolution of it all. I don't think Ford will ever completely do away with V8's for one reason or another, I'm just noticing a trend towards a certain direction. CAFE standards being the reason or not.

FordFanStan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been noted that Ford a few years ago trademarked the name Eco Beast. Everyone is assuming it's the V8TT that is going in the next GT500. Don't know if it will ever make it into the Raptor....

Ford did in fact trademark the name EcoBeast, but I'm not for sure if they can use this trademarked name on multiple products or not?...And they are already using it on a 2.xL 4cyl in the Focus. I saw this with my own eyes, not speculation.

Furthermore, the TTv8 you and everyone else speaks of FordPerf built a prototype of was for a non-DOT legal CobraJet with a Coyote 5.0, not the new 5.2 FPC engine design they already switched to for the current GT350 and speculated new GT500. There has been no leaks or officially released info to these rumors of a TTv8 in anything to date that I'm aware of, except in 2015 regarding the 2016 CobraJet.

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have sent around three emails to my salesman, nothing but crickets. Stopped in today to get the oil changed and figured I go over to the showroom to chat - turns out he no linger works there! Imagine that!
The bad: I had to start discussions with another salesperson. Was told these are starting to go at least 10K over and more...
The good: after I said my original discussion with the first guy was "I would pay absolutely nothing over" he acknowledged it.
Had to have the GM sign off on it, but they did and I put the deposit down. Said they are expecting them to arrive December/January.
And I nixed the orange accent package and went with the CF look.
Glad I stopped in as I not sure they would have contacted even though my original order was still in their system w/o a deposit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
V8

I'm willing to bet a V8 is on the way.

I'll be laughing my ass off when the V8 does come out and everyone that bought the V6 will be pissed that they overpaid to have the truck right now instead of waiting for the prices to drop a bit and other engine options to become available.

Well I'm happy with MSRP right now because I need a truck now, but that being said if a V8 does come out in a few years I'll just update to the V8 at a price of 100K, its only money and my happiness means everything to me!

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have sent around three emails to my salesman, nothing but crickets. Stopped in today to get the oil changed and figured I go over to the showroom to chat - turns out he no linger works there! Imagine that!
The bad: I had to start discussions with another salesperson. Was told these are starting to go at least 10K over and more...
The good: after I said my original discussion with the first guy was "I would pay absolutely nothing over" he acknowledged it.
Had to have the GM sign off on it, but they did and I put the deposit down. Said they are expecting them to arrive December/January.
And I nixed the orange accent package and went with the CF look.
Glad I stopped in as I not sure they would have contacted even though my original order was still in their system w/o a deposit

Would the CF package clash with the Orange accent package, you think? Anyone get both?

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I read when you get the orange accent the CF has a orange hue to it. Not a fan unless it was orange exterior...

My understanding is that the CF package replaces the orange tinted panels on the orange accent package. This means with the accent package, you basically get the orange accented seats and that is it. There should be a combo price.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that the CF package replaces the orange tinted panels on the orange accent package. This means with the accent package, you basically get the orange accented seats and that is it. There should be a combo price.

Can't decide! Accents are nice and they look sharp. Perhaps they are to match the LED color which is also an orange hue so both exterior and interior are "accented" ??

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score

From what I understand when you select the interior package instead of getting orange accents on the seats you get a light black or grey accent along with the CF additions, selecting CF package.
When that is selected instead of getting CF accents on doors and glove box area it becomes orange tented honeycombs - not that orange works for me either, but the CF "look" be it real or not, was more to my liking.