GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dtt255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So they would be making roughly $15k+ profit over the $50 deal and he isn't happy. Yeah right, whatever. He is so happy that you cancelled your order and won't be calling him again so he can move on to the next guy.

Ok I get it. You don't like car dealers. What do you want me to tell you. He guy was nice, but it didn't work out.

Sometimes things just are what they seem and don't work out.

Boricuaevo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok Wow...just got off the phone with my guy at Louisberg, KS.

Since they don't have their allocation yet, other dealers have gotten it, but he is still not aware of his, he has no answer for me on what the pricing will now be.

Says if they get close to the number they are thinking the pricing can go up to $10k above sticker. I was like... WTH?!?! From $50 above invoice to $10k above sticker?!

He wasn't happy to tell me this, but is what it is. So I cancelled my order. I can't live with that large of an unknown.

So disappointed but the search goes on!

(I am also going to post this under the dealer thread)

I just talked to my guy at Louisburg and I agree with him. This dealership is known for their $50 over invoice and they have numerous awards because of it. Remember this truck is so damn new and it's the new shiny toy everyone wants. It's all about being patient. Let the dealers sort out all this diarrhea mess.
Since my truck is my daily and I drive almost 70 miles a day I need to start thinking of selling it asap. My truck just reached 70.5K miles and man it's still in pristine condition but damn miles are killing me.

I have to be patient.

poison123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kinda get the feeling that as more dealers find out their "actual" allocations.....these invoice or invoice +, deals are going to start transforming to MSRP or worse.

D

Deleted member 12951

Ok I get it. You don't like car dealers. What do you want me to tell you. He guy was nice, but it didn't work out.

Sometimes things just are what they seem and don't work out.

So who likes car dealers? Said no one.....

Actually I am enjoying the discussion of these deals over MSRP. That will most likely mean that GEN1 resale will not be as affected as everyone was thinking. But it really doesn't matter to me because I have no desire for a 17'. But I am looking forward to the improvements they do to it over the years.

Last edited by a moderator:

dtt255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So who likes car dealers? Said no one.....

Actually I am enjoying the discussion of these deals over MSRP. That will most likely mean that GEN1 resale will not be as affected as every was thinking. But it really doesn't matter to me because I have no desire for a 17'. But I am looking forward to the improvements they do to it over the years.

I actually don't mind most of them. If you go in with the knowledge of invoice and what your options with other dealers are, it can be fun :)

Then again I am a salesman by nature. Plus I am in a profession that people don't hardly know about but when they do know, it makes car dealers look like angels :)

:ROFLJest:

D

Deleted member 12951

I actually don't mind most of them. If you go in with the knowledge of invoice and what your options with other dealers are, it can be fun :)

Then again I am a salesman by nature. Plus I am in a profession that people don't hardly know about but when they do know, it makes car dealers look like angels :)

:ROFLJest:

Insurance salesman?

FordFanStan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of this "we have to charge you MSRP or over now" is bullsh!t. The dealers could have never previously derived a revenue projection from this model based on allocation because they never knew what the allocation would be, the demand for this model, pricing, or any other certainties. They are trying to make it sounds like because they are getting less than they planned (they never could have planned) that they need to jack the price to accommodate and meet their revenue goals.

The fact of the matter is they made a deal, whether you have a signed contract or not I come from where a handshake it just as good and now they are not holding to that deal. Just because they may be getting less allocated vehicles does not mean they cannot hold onto an agreement, it just means it may take longer to fulfill.

For the purpose of this post, I used the term allocation as everyone else. However, I don't believe anyone here, including the hearsay from the dealers are using this term correctly. At least say "allocation for order" as you nor they are referring to vehicles "allocated" to be sold on lot and not for custom order. /rantover :rofl:

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Team Ford LV

Ok Wow...just got off the phone with my guy at Louisberg, KS.

Since they don't have their allocation yet, other dealers have gotten it, but he is still not aware of his, he has no answer for me on what the pricing will now be.

Says if they get close to the number they are thinking the pricing can go up to $10k above sticker. I was like... WTH?!?! From $50 above invoice to $10k above sticker?!

He wasn't happy to tell me this, but is what it is. So I cancelled my order. I can't live with that large of an unknown.

So disappointed but the search goes on!

(I am also going to post this under the dealer thread)

You can get one for MSRP from Team Ford in Vegas, call Dennis Carroll 702-499-1903, nice guy. I'm going to make a vacation out of picking up mine.