GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

comagt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going with the thought process Dealer Allocation Orders will be honored before customer orders.

Dealer allocations will be spread across the entire build year and separate of the retail orders. So it's a good chance unless your the first allocation you will be waiting longer than retail. Ford is also indicating that Retail Orders may start building before the November hold is lifted.

poison123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer allocations will be spread across the entire build year and separate of the retail orders. So it's a good chance unless your the first allocation you will be waiting longer than retail. Ford is also indicating that Retail Orders may start building before the November hold is lifted.

I'll believe it when that happens. And i'm in the top 3rd of the dealers allocation orders.

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing that is what they did on my order? They said it was an order spot for the dealer, but allowing me to pick it the way I want it - "that way I will be secured to get one, if I were to simply order one on my own it could be a while before it arrives..." How they described it to me.

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going with the thought process Dealer Allocation Orders will be honored before customer orders.

This is exactly what I'm hearing. My sales manager friend was in a 4 hour meeting with their Ford rep yesterday. I was told that, barring some unforeseen production line issues, the order I placed (their first allocation) has about a 90% likelihood of delivering this year. The other two Raptors they have on order would most likely be very early 2017.

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

I'm guessing that is what they did on my order? They said it was an order spot for the dealer, but allowing me to pick it the way I want it - "that way I will be secured to get one, if I were to simply order one on my own it could be a while before it arrives..." How they described it to me.

I heard basically the same thing as well.

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heard same here but I thin because I picked the Magnetic grey I may have pushed my order to the back of the line :( the basic colors had a better chance of getting built were his exact words

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is exactly what I'm hearing. My sales manager friend was in a 4 hour meeting with their Ford rep yesterday. I was told that, barring some unforeseen production line issues, the order I placed (their first allocation) has about a 90% likelihood of delivering this year. The other two Raptors they have on order would most likely be very early 2017.

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

I heard basically the same thing as well.

Same boat, fingers crossed...

Cusenation7

Reaction score
Called my dealer and changed my order to 802A with spray in liner, sets me back 59.3k (supercab). Realized I loved my push button keyless entry dual climate control options in my '15 Lariat and couldn't live without them. Well played Ford. :flipthebird:

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm constantly thinking about changing the color I ordered in order to get my POSSIBLE order a better chance of getting built

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

hey has anyone seen a Ruby Red 2017 at any auto shows??

comagt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm constantly thinking about changing the color I ordered in order to get my POSSIBLE order a better chance of getting built

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

I would get the color you want, you will get the truck.

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Don't change the color just because of the "late availability" claim. I was worried about that with my Magnetic order, but the Ford rep said no color will cause any delays with production.

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

Never made sense to me that Magnetic would cause any delays. It's not as if they don't already spray that color on lots of Ford models, so they have to have a hefty inventory of the color. That said, I was nervous about it until I heard from the Ford rep that it's A-OK. After all, everything else with this whole situation has been a shit show so you never know. Lol!