GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DROPOUT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because many dealers are taking deposits and placing "orders" without allocations. I would guess that many dealers took money back in the summer with little info and allocation uncertainty. I would also guess that dealers pushed good customers ahead of others, and then blamed Ford

But outside of the documented cases of bait & switch, the rest is all here-say. The only constant is Mother Ford's lack of communication, their lack of transparency on issues, and the random order picking.

Every industry will have its bad apples (ie: dealers) ~ But the #1 issue/bitching topic is lack of transparency. Transparency on hp/tq numbers, transparency on how they pick orders, transparency on key issues effecting delivery ETA's, and continued transparency issues on exactly what the fixes that took place are.

Again, this issue is Mother Ford ... Not the dealers.

Mr Roarke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Totally agree. (In my mind) I've been patient with whatever they needed to do to get them vetted and fixed or whatever.

I have no patience when I hear of trucks produced, delivered, and sold after early builds were released.

I feel your pain, but I don't to a point. These things should be built and delivered to first come first serve. Ford didn't do that. I'm pissed and they are lucky I don't just drop their assess from my buyers list. If the raptor fails me I'm thru with them. I love the 350, but there Is only so much shafting a straight fella can take ;)

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I blame both Ford and the dealers, Ford knows what are order dates are? and yet it is paying the allocation game! The dealers are taking orders without allocations? Its BS when a customer wants to buy something and the manufacturer wants you wait? Customers first!

If only another company would start competing with this truck! Id buy it in a heartbeat!
F*** Ford and what they think customer service is! For them i guess it means waiting and waiting and waiting with no info! This experience is the worst ever!
Thanks Ford :flipthebird:

This is a tough one and I feel bad for those who've been ****** around. I can only speak from my own experience and it's been pretty painless. My dealer said from the beginning what his allocations were and when to expect the truck(Jan/Feb). From there, I took it upon myself to look up my own order and use this forum as a way to learn about the process and pitfalls while keeping my expectations for Jan/Feb delivery.

I didn't realize that dealers were taking deposits without any knowledge of their allocations.. that is BS. I'm pretty sure my dealer wouldn't do that.

Ford's tactics is really not much different than any other consumer, mass-retail based company. They use a retail channel to scale and sell their vehicles at high volume. For those dealers who perform the best, they give them priority treatment. The smaller, lower-volume dealers are pushed down the totem pole, unfortunately. From there, it's up to Ford to make sure their dealer channel is meeting their customer service standards.

So... from a communication standpoint, it's really on the dealer to provide that info to the customers. Some of us know how to get to Ford Performance via social networks, phone calls, but really the dealer should be providing updates per customer requests, needs.

The early orders were on hold due to parts or quality issues, right? So, as frustrating it is to wait a bit longer... wouldn't you want your truck to be fully vetted and ready before shipping? Part of the risk of being first-in-line for a brand new, speciality/new design product, is we are also part of the learning curve for Ford.

What boggles me a little is that this isn't their first rodeo with specialty Ford vehicles so an argument can be made regarding their production and ordering processes? On the flip side, don't Ford Performance vehicles represent something like 2% of all sales for Ford? With that in mind, there's maybe an "allocation" issue internally for staffing, resourcing these projects considering how small the revenue is for Ford for these cars? Not defending or prosecuting here... just thinking out loud with ya'll.

Peace.

Aaron313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I blame both Ford and the dealers, Ford knows what are order dates are? and yet it is paying the allocation game! The dealers are taking orders without allocations? Its BS when a customer wants to buy something and the manufacturer wants you wait? Customers first!

If only another company would start competing with this truck! Id buy it in a heartbeat!

F*** Ford and what they think customer service is! For them i guess it means waiting and waiting and waiting with no info! This experience is the worst ever!

Thanks Ford :flipthebird:

Jeep might roll out a wrangler truck [emoji848] Doubt it will compete directly with a raptor but might be fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FordFriend

Reaction score
Mine was built on 12/1. I had an ETA of 12/21 each time I checked in for 3 weeks. Then last week it was: 'In Transit, Arrived at Intermediate Point (Norfolk Southern, Nsbellevu, OH) ETA January 29th Manual Adjusted'

That's right... 4 days before the 12/21 delivery date, they moved it out 1/29!! It's sitting in a rail yard in OH.

Slade

Reaction score
My build date was November 4th. I have been told since then it had been 2 upfitter and now is awaiting shipment. No ETA. Stood in front of my dealer today and asked him what the holdup was, he told me his rep inform him there was an issue with the 10-speed transmission that needed to be reprogrammed for cold-weather use. Really, a company based in Michigan didn't prepare their vehicle for cold weather running despite all of the pre-production testing?

WBrown

Reaction score
Mine was 'out for spray in bedliner' that I ordered with it mid-November with Dec 20th delivery date. My dealer says it shows up on their order status up to three days before it is delivered. Called today - no status.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine was built on 12/1. I had an ETA of 12/21 each time I checked in for 3 weeks. Then last week it was: 'In Transit, Arrived at Intermediate Point (Norfolk Southern, Nsbellevu, OH) ETA January 29th Manual Adjusted'

That's right... 4 days before the 12/21 delivery date, they moved it out 1/29!! It's sitting in a rail yard in OH.

FWIW, the FS rep has mistakenly typed 1/5 when she meant 12/5 for one of our ETA's. I'd confirm that its not 12/29 which would make more sense that it was delayed by a week, versus a month.

If not typo, are you in a more remote location?

raptor 17

Reaction score
no carbon fiber and black bead wheels

dealer just called and said my order is being pulled that ford called and said no carbon fiber or black wheels available did i want to proceed without i said yes I've already waited 3 months I'm tired of waiting . 17 sc oxford white fully equip otherwise

FordFriend

Reaction score
I just checked again with Ford Service on FB. Now my ETA is 12/31.

In a 5 day span the ETA went from 12/21 to 1/29 to 12/31. My dealer was also seeing 1/29 in his system - so I don't think it was a typo.

I have no idea what to expect now.

Wishing you all good news soon.