GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Missed Delivery Date

My truck was built on Dec 7th and released to the shipper on the 9th with an expected delivery date in Cincinnati between the 11th and the 17th (less than 4 hours away). Needless to say, the truck never showed up and I lost the buyer that I had for my truck. Very frustrating!!!!! Ford needs to get their act together. What makes things more frustrating is that my dealer doesn't take the time to look up the details for my truck and tells me my truck is in storage with all of the others which totally contradicts the very limited information that I pull from Ford by calling them once or twice a week. Horrible customer service all around. I have been instructed by Ford to call back on Monday to get a revised shipment date. Ugh!!!! Ford should find a way to let those who want to pick their trucks up at the factory be able to do so and credit back the destination charge. Sorry for venting.

Last edited:

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey bud, my truck was a dealer order, Koons Ford, for me. I will send the window sticker info once I get her. Expecting to take delivery after Christmas since this upcoming week will be hectic. I have bought many vehicles from them, 3 within the past year, and the owner is a good friend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Koons ford??? Did they nail you with a mark up??? I know on the GR350's they are trying to nail people on those!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

My truck was built on Dec 7th and released to the shipper on the 9th with an expected delivery date in Cincinnati between the 11th and the 17th (less than 4 hours away). Needless to say, the truck never showed up and I lost the buyer that I had for my truck. Very frustrating!!!!! Ford needs to get their act together. What makes things more frustrating is that my dealer doesn't take the time to look up the details for my truck and tells me my truck is in storage with all of the others which totally contradicts the very limited information that I pull from Ford by calling them once or twice a week. Horrible customer service all around. I have been instructed by Ford to call back on Monday to get a revised shipment date. Ugh!!!! Ford should find a way to let those who want to pick their trucks up at the factory be able to do so and credit back the destination charge. Sorry for venting.

I'm in the same boat. Mine was built 10/29 with release to shipper 11/29. Still sitting somewhere, BUT my buddy ordered one from THE SAME FREAKING DEALER and his was built 12/6 and ETA to dealer on 12/22!!! WTF??????? Wouldn't it make sense to deliver TWO trucks to the same dealer????

FORD REALLY SCREWED THE POOCH ON THESE DELIVERIES!!!!

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Totally agree. (In my mind) I've been patient with whatever they needed to do to get them vetted and fixed or whatever.

I have no patience when I hear of trucks produced, delivered, and sold after early builds were released.

EXACTLY!!! Ford performance is trying to tell me it's because it's a specialty vehicle. I told them I have a 16 GT 350 which is a specialty vehicle and none of this shit it was going on with that...

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi guys

New to the forum and cant wait to get my mitts on the new rig but pulling my hair out with the dealer.

They claim to have allocations and have put my order into the system and assigned an order # however the order hasn't been "picked up" by Ford yet. Its been 4 weeks now. They claim this is normal course and not unusual given the holidays etc.

I have order # and dealer code, however when I enter into the Ford order tracking nothing comes up.

Ford Custom Order Tracking | ordertracking.ford.com

Trying to figure out if the dealer is jerking me around and doesn't actually have an allocation or this is normal course. Anyone who has any experience in how this process works would be much appreciated.

You're pulling your hair out after only 4 weeks? Please....there are dudes here who have had orders in since July that haven't or have only recently been pulled.

You are in a long line and can expect a wait.

mhoes

Reaction score
You're pulling your hair out after only 4 weeks? Please....there are dudes here who have had orders in since July that haven't or have only recently been pulled.

Thanks for the feedback guys - refreshing to know I'm in good company - depressing it may be 2018 before I see the wheels...

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Lol. 4 weeks. I just ordered last week. I'm planning on a solid 12-16. It amazes me that people who ordered in the summer still have no build info. And honestly I don't blame Ford I blame their dealers. There's no excuse for that.

DROPOUT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol. 4 weeks. I just ordered last week. I'm planning on a solid 12-16. It amazes me that people who ordered in the summer still have no build info. And honestly I don't blame Ford I blame their dealers. There's no excuse for that.

Why would you blame the dealers when it's Mother Ford that actually pulls the orders?

I get that some dealers have been less than helpful and not 100% honest, but at the end of the day, Mother Ford picks and chooses what orders get pulled.

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Blame

I blame both Ford and the dealers, Ford knows what are order dates are? and yet it is paying the allocation game! The dealers are taking orders without allocations? Its BS when a customer wants to buy something and the manufacturer wants you wait? Customers first!

If only another company would start competing with this truck! Id buy it in a heartbeat!
F*** Ford and what they think customer service is! For them i guess it means waiting and waiting and waiting with no info! This experience is the worst ever!
Thanks Ford :flipthebird:

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would you blame the dealers when it's Mother Ford that actually pulls the orders?

I get that some dealers have been less than helpful and not 100% honest, but at the end of the day, Mother Ford picks and chooses what orders get pulled.

Because many dealers are taking deposits and placing "orders" without allocations. I would guess that many dealers took money back in the summer with little info and allocation uncertainty. I would also guess that dealers pushed good customers ahead of others, and then blamed Ford