GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

horak24

Reaction score
I put the back flip from my 13 raptor on my 15 f150 no problem. the inside of the rails are same measurement as the 09-14.

TheTip247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just checked again with Ford Service on FB. Now my ETA is 12/31.

In a 5 day span the ETA went from 12/21 to 1/29 to 12/31. My dealer was also seeing 1/29 in his system - so I don't think it was a typo.

I have no idea what to expect now.

Wishing you all good news soon.

My ETA did the same thing, went from 12/18 to 1/29 when I checked on 12/16. I got the same info from FP, FS and my dealer. I'm afraid to ask again and see if I can get lucky like you, I don't have that kind of luck.

ReefBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just checked again with Ford Service on FB. Now my ETA is 12/31.

In a 5 day span the ETA went from 12/21 to 1/29 to 12/31. My dealer was also seeing 1/29 in his system - so I don't think it was a typo.

I have no idea what to expect now.

Wishing you all good news soon.

Two weeks ago went from a 1/2 build date to a 2/6. :mad:

Chief1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptor order placed on September 21, Vin# received on October 17, Window Sticker received on November 23, shipped by train on December 7, dealer received last night and I will pick up tonight.

Oris19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know what really bugs me is the fact that a lot of us ordered in July,aug,sept, whatever, retail orders, and been waiting all this time, had to cancel c.f. , and beadlocks along the way, but the dealer (non retail orders) just keep rolling In with one or both options and Joe Shmoe can just walk in and scoop them up!! Doesn't seem right that we (who ordered) as ready to pay customers weren't given some kind of preference with these options. Especially the early orders.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ppl can complain all day about how they got their order way back in July (I can say this as i was one of these ppl pissed and unscheduled 4.5 mo later), but really the focus needs to be on your ORDER AT THAT DEALER and of HOW MANY ALLOCATIONS THAT DEALER has. Figuring those two items above, there is a common trend/predictibility. All this does go out the window if dealing with less than honest salesmen/dealers etc... but if you know your order was X# out X# allocations, you should be able to generally predict if there is something fishy going on or atleast out of the norm.

Regional factors will come into play, but the 2 items above are really more important than day you placed order, options etc. The randomness of options available/shortage etc does suck.

Oris19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I was #1 at my dealer. Ordered 9-8. Got a build date just last week (est build date 1/9) after cancelling the wheels. Learned about the shortage on this site. the dealer was "not aware" till I called him and he called the Rep. Ford needs a better system of communication for ALL...

DROPOUT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two weeks ago went from a 1/2 build date to a 2/6. :mad:

Did you have beadlocks on your order?

Noticed a few with beadlocks with early January build dates have been pushed back to the end of January and/or Feb due to beadlocks. While others without beadlocks that may have had a middle of Jan build date have been pushed up to the first week of January.