GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chief1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree as I was number order #1 at my Dealer and originally a Priority 10 and then my Dealer got my order through the Ford Rep moved to a Priority 1. I have purchased many vehicles from this Dealer including a GT 350 and a Gen 1 Raptor and have a great relationship with the management team. They kept me informed of my progress from start to finish. They even were on the phone yesterday with the transport driver and knew it was going to be delivered to the dealership sometime last night after the dealership was closed for the night. So I have to say if you have a great dealership and management team to work with they can keep you informed if they want to. They have alot of connections that we do not have access to. This particular transport driver delivers most of their Fords to them and they talk all the time. He called them to let them know that the Raptor was in the transport lot and he would be loading it up and bring it sometime during the night. Just wanted to give my two cents as to how the Dealership should work with you , but unfortunately alot of them do not want to be bothered.

Dryhole

Reaction score
Just received a window sticker from my dealer. I had him call his rep and ask that they try to ship this week with the answer being, "they are making calls to shippers now". d830c9fa3ceb884b084dd663d941422c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I was #1 at my dealer. Ordered 9-8. Got a build date just last week (est build date 1/9) after cancelling the wheels. Learned about the shortage on this site. the dealer was "not aware" till I called him and he called the Rep. Ford needs a better system of communication for ALL...

You likely weren't #1, true #1s were pulled in September unless your build was super atypical

ReefBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have beadlocks on your order?

Noticed a few with beadlocks with early January build dates have been pushed back to the end of January and/or Feb due to beadlocks. While others without beadlocks that may have had a middle of Jan build date have been pushed up to the first week of January.

Yes.

I figured that was what it was. I had a build date, then people started posting about how beadlocks are a delay, but you were ok if you had a build date, so I check with ford service and they said I got pushed back.

Stupid, but I'm not willing to change my wheels so I can get my truck 3 weeks or so sooner.

DROPOUT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. Stupid, but I'm not willing to change my wheels so I can get my truck 3 weeks or so sooner.

I don't blame ya. The stockers don't do much for me, and I haven't found anything aftermarket that has really wowed me like the beadlocks.

The beadlocks are great IMO! I would have waited them out as well :) Good choice!

t2w

Reaction score
strange, talked to my dealer today

my truck w build date of 11/1 is at "ramp 59" awaiting shipment but "on hold" for carbon fiber package. does that make any sense? I thought they installed it at time of build. is it possible some of the trucks on ramp 59 are being held due to parts delays (i.e. carbon fiber or beadlocks)?

Raptomania

Reaction score
Just received a window sticker from my dealer. I had him call his rep and ask that they try to ship this week with the answer being, "they are making calls to shippers now". d830c9fa3ceb884b084dd663d941422c.jpg

So you are saying that the dealer can control when Ford ships your vehicle? I highly doubt that. If it's true there are going to be a lot of pissed off people, me included! People who have waited over 5 months already and have been ready to ship for a month or more.

Dryhole

Reaction score
So you are saying that the dealer can control when Ford ships your vehicle? I highly doubt that. If it's true there are going to be a lot of pissed off people, me included! People who have waited over 5 months already and have been ready to ship for a month or more.

What I did is ask my dealer to call his regional rep and ask that my truck be shipped prior to the Christmas shutdown. Many mistakes have been made with my order that I placed in August. As a result of theses mistakes, the rep and persons above the rep in the order and build process have had to get involved in my order. The benefit of that email chain of the prior errors is that ford people can review those errors at a glance and make a call to help me.

I was fortunate to miss my early build date because of the delay all of those trucks incurred being retrofitted. I did not think I was fortunate at that time and, like everyone else, I was very dissatisfied.

This forum helped guide me to place timely phone calls to my dealer with information and questions he should be communicating to his regional rep.

My dealer GM has become a business friend of sorts because we half discussed fords order fulfillment system in many calls since placing my order.