GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A_Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

New to the forum and cant wait to get my mitts on the new rig but pulling my hair out with the dealer.

They claim to have allocations and have put my order into the system and assigned an order # however the order hasn't been "picked up" by Ford yet. Its been 4 weeks now. They claim this is normal course and not unusual given the holidays etc.

I have order # and dealer code, however when I enter into the Ford order tracking nothing comes up.

Ford Custom Order Tracking | ordertracking.ford.com

Trying to figure out if the dealer is jerking me around and doesn't actually have an allocation or this is normal course. Anyone who has any experience in how this process works would be much appreciated.

That's pretty common. Some orders placed in late July haven't been picked up by Ford yet.

costnsg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Post - Order Questions

I placed my order in mid-October. I left a check that has not been cashed.
Nov 1 the dealer tells me the order is "in the que".
Nov 15 heard "Ford has officially picked up your order"
Dec 3 I asked for the order number and dealer code and was given "Z000" for the order number. I don't know the format for the order number, but this looks odd to me. The tracking site doesn't work with this number either. However, they did tell me the build date had been set for 2/6/17

So question #1: What is the format for the order number? I did try switching the order number and dealer code, but that didn't work either (thinking they may have inadvertently switched them).

Question #2: Does all the feedback above sound about right? I just hope the dealer is not playing with me. I haven't bought a new vehicle since moving to this area, so I am not a long term customer for these guys. The sales guy is really nice, but a college student who doesn't know very much. He is responsive, though.

Jim750

Reaction score
Yours released 2 weeks before mine and before some delivered trucks were built. Clearly "Released" is meaningless.

Where is your located? Mines in Woodhaven. Maybe they forgot about a whole storage facility. There are so many of them.

Mine's in Woodhaven as well. Ramp 44. Don't hold me to this, but supposedly Dec. 23 is the magic release day. Being that they're away from the plant they have to be done and 'retrofitted' I hope!

DJE

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the tonneau cover from my 2013 f-150 will fit on this truck. If not do u know if one from a 2016 f-150 will fit it. Thanks.

naptown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the almost new arrival. I too am in Anne Arundel County but is still at the dreaded ramp 59. Would mind telling me if yours was a dealer order or a special order? If you get a chance would you mind looking at of your window sticker and it will say Special order under the total MSRP box at the bottom. If it has nothing there it means that it is a dealer order. FP told me today that only dealer orders are being shipped but like half of the things they say I think they are full of crap.
Congrats again,

Tone

Hey bud, my truck was a dealer order, Koons Ford, for me. I will send the window sticker info once I get her. Expecting to take delivery after Christmas since this upcoming week will be hectic. I have bought many vehicles from them, 3 within the past year, and the owner is a good friend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tonecapone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey bud, my truck was a dealer order, Koons Ford, for me. I will send the window sticker info once I get her. Expecting to take delivery after Christmas since this upcoming week will be hectic. I have bought many vehicles from them, 3 within the past year, and the owner is a good friend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update and congrats. I ordered early as a special order. Who would have guess that both of those things would mean that I get screwed.:baby:
Tone