GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
September start dates? They will build regular F150s and then one day a month build Raptors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what the plant shutdown dates suggest. For the regular F150s there's no structural changes for the 16->17 year. Raptor would be an introduction. I've only looked at the Dearborn dates.

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's what the plant shutdown dates suggest. For the regular F150s there's no structural changes for the 16->17 year. Raptor would be an introduction. I've only looked at the Dearborn dates.

I believe the raptors will only be made in Dearborn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

armyturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 orders - different dealers?

Found a better deal today. Order already submitted with first dealer and they required a copy of my license (from what I understand this is to prove to mother Ford that the order is a REAL person and not just a fake order a dealer is submitting to get more allocation).

Second dealer offered a better price and is physically MUCH closer to me. Though I may need to wait longer for the vehicle, I don't really care. They are requiring a copy of my license too. No problem with that, but will that mess up my order being submitted with them because one's already been submitted by the other dealer with my exact name and driver's license #?

I'm going to cancel the order with dealer #1 anyway, but not until after my order with dealer #2 is submitted (full disclosure, I don't want dealer #2 to know I already inquired about the raptor and submitted an order - in another state - as this is what I believe may have hurt me in not being able to get the price I got).

Thoughts?

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about it. As soon as the 2nd order is accepted, cancel the first. It's not like these are being processed by Ford yet anyway. No deposit money put down at either place, right? It's not binding until an actual contract has been executed between yourself and the dealer, and even then you could still back out - maybe just lose your deposit at that time......

armyturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Second dealer requiring $5000 non-refundable deposit once order is placed and for me to sign an agreement. I'm guessing this is reasonable so they aren't stuck with a custom ordered vehicle if the buyer backs out (likely more of a concern for them since they are a smaller dealership and not in a big city).

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Second dealer requiring $5000 non-refundable deposit once order is placed and for me to sign an agreement. I'm guessing this is reasonable so they aren't stuck with a custom ordered vehicle if the buyer backs out (likely more of a concern for them since they are a smaller dealership and not in a big city).

I see this as being kind of a ripoff. As I stated in another thread, these trucks sell almost immediately when they hit the lot. I could/would probably swing $500 when the actual contract is signed, but $5000? No way. They are going to hold your $5000 in the bank, gaining interest, for something that isn't even available yet. I get the theory that they are tossing at you, but my dealer said it is crazy for any dealership to ask for enormous deposits on these types of vehicles. Worst case scenario, your dealer has one of the best trading pieces in Ford's arsenal if he can't sell it fast enough.

I'm sure you've already done the deal, and are at peace with it, but others should know going into these types of situations that it is totally unnecessary to put that much money down on a deal like this. I mean, that's like 8% of the purchase price, right? It's crazy for a dealership to ask for that and would really make me want to find another dealer......

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer 1: "These trucks are so hot you've got to pay fifteen grand over sticker to even be considered!"

Dealer 2: "I'll need a $5000 deposit so I don't get stuck with this thing sitting on the lot."

lol

Last edited: