GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

comagt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a great deal at $50 over invoice, especially for you California guys where dealers are trying to get $5k or more over MSRP.

One word of caution though, Louisberg Ford in KS has a high tax rate of 9.25% so be sure and calculate that into your figures. + delivery fees.
Even at only $50 over invoice, the high tax rates makes it a worse deal for ME working with dealers at lower tax rates. Food for thought.

It's nice to hear of these dealers working close to invoice though, much respect for them. They still make around 3% on the holdback from Ford.

You shouldn't have to pay that tax unless you're a Kansas resident .

I know that when I buy out of Missouri, as a Texas Resident, I just pay the 6.25% to Texas based on my bill of sale when I register it.

comagt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like we have a lot of new blood here. Here is the breakdown on scheduling a 2017 F150 based on public fleet information.

From - Ford-Lincoln Trucks (Build Out Final Order Start Up Dates) - Donlen Corporation

Initial Order Acceptance: 07/18/16 This is the "date" that orders can be entered into the system for 2017

Scheduling Begins: 08/25/16 This is the date Ford beings to process all of the orders in the banks to pair up with factory logistics. This is literally a roll of the dice for folks. There is no grand conspiracy against you here. If your options are available to build and there is room, you go. The only thing your dealer has control over in this process, is your rank against their other Raptor orders. You can gauge this based on the priority code in the order. The dealer can rank them or put them all in with the same priority and Ford will choose the order.

Production Begins: 09/26/16 This is the first build week for the 2017 F150s, Raptors may or may not be in this week. I would expect the first trucks to arrive in late Oct, but since it's a first year run, I would set expectations for late Nov or early Dec.

I have ordered two Raptors and the best advice I can give you is to just order and forget about it. :) Once you have a VIN, then you can start to get a feel for the arrival date. The window sticker will be available 7 days before the factory build date, you can then look at the sticker to see the day your truck will be built. Then it's usually 2-3 weeks after the build to get it delivered by rail. If the rail car isn't full it won't move. Don't want to wait on the rail system, order from a dealer with in Convoy(semi) range of the factory. Semi's fill up and move quicker.

I will stress that since you are in the first pass build of the Raptors, EXPECT a hold up after they are built. In fact, expect the dealers to get all their OT/2(Dealer built) Trucks first, then you will start to see the customer orders roll out.

January may be your first delivery dates for customer orders. :specialed: