GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jim750

Reaction score
Just got a text message from my dealer saying ""We are expecting the OK To Buy on or about the 16th."

There's no guarantee that the information will turn out to be true, but it's the first time they've provided me with that particular data point, so perhaps there's been some flow of information out into the dealer network.

Take it for what it's worth and don't bet the farm on it.

Respectfully,

This is just a theory of mine, but I got thinking. My truck is ordered as a retail sold unit, and just having the window sticker show up confirms that with a '1' designation vs a stock '2' designation like most stickers i've seen posted (even though folks have committed to buying that truck) But my build week/day has bounced around from originally the week of Nov 20, to then being moved up to week of 11.14, now being shown on sticker of 11.20 build day. My thoughts are maybe this actual retail unit couldn't be produced until OKTB has been given, and obviously that has fluctuated, so if in fact the 20th is reliable build day for me and all the above is true the OKTB happening this week on or around the 16th all makes total sense. Let's get these trucks rolling ford!

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is just a theory of mine, but I got thinking. My truck is ordered as a retail sold unit, and just having the window sticker show up confirms that with a '1' designation vs a stock '2' designation like most stickers i've seen posted (even though folks have committed to buying that truck) But my build week/day has bounced around from originally the week of Nov 20, to then being moved up to week of 11.14, now being shown on sticker of 11.20 build day. My thoughts are maybe this actual retail unit couldn't be produced until OKTB has been given, and obviously that has fluctuated, so if in fact the 20th is reliable build day for me and all the above is true the OKTB happening this week on or around the 16th all makes total sense. Let's get these trucks rolling ford!
I'm not sure what you mean by retail sold. All retail orders are sold units. If you are simply referring to the order type, then you theory is wrong. My order was placed on 8/3 as retail. It was built on 10/14. The build date never changed. My ETA for delivery has changed several times like everyone else as we wait for the OKTB.

Jim750

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by retail sold. All retail orders are sold units. If you are simply referring to the order type, then you theory is wrong. My order was placed on 8/3 as retail. It was built on 10/14. The build date never changed. My ETA for delivery has changed several times like everyone else as we wait for the OKTB.

Fair enough, if I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. I understand all retail orders are sold units, but every window I've seen posted to date have all been ordered by the future owner, yet the order type is 2, according toi ford a' stock unit' as I'm sure you know. Let me ask you this, what does your sticker show, order 1 or 2?

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fair enough, if I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. I understand all retail orders are sold units, but every window I've seen posted to date have all been ordered by the future owner, yet the order type is 2, according toi ford a' stock unit' as I'm sure you know. Let me ask you this, what does your sticker show, order 1 or 2?

Mine is a 1

Slade

Reaction score
Re: Soo Motors. I got their only allocation with my order in Aug. Mines been built 11-4 but now waiting....thanks for looking them up. Good people.

Last edited:

Cusenation7

Reaction score
I attached a screenshot of my window sticker... It says 26 gallon fuel tank. I thought it was 23 gallons for the supercab? Was it always 26 or is this a mistake on fords part?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161113-021225.jpg
    Screenshot_20161113-021225.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 141

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I attached a screenshot of my window sticker... It says 26 gallon fuel tank. I thought it was 23 gallons for the supercab? Was it always 26 or is this a mistake on fords part?

It said 23 gallon in the order guide so I believe it's a mistake on the window sticker.
It says 26 gallon on my window sticker too.