GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found this on another forum and thought it was still relevant so I am posting it. Ford is a large company and has been doing this for a long time. They have processes in place for a reason. Perhaps we should all just calm down a little bit and realize that there is more to life than a pick-up truck. It will get here when it gets here. Some of you may have put down a deposit but no one has bought anything yet.

I am familiar with the Ford and Lincoln pre-production processes and thought I might shed some light on the production release process. The start of production is termed MP1 (mass production one, or Job 1). At MP1, the suppliers fill the supply chain with parts and the first few hundred vehicles are built. Once those are completed, production stops for a bit. While those vehicles are tested and inspected prior to the senior management review. The senior management review at MP1 is termed the OKTB event, or OK To Buy. The next production event is termed MP2 (Mass Production 2, or Job 2). The vehicle must receive OKTB before MP2 can commence. MP2 is usually scheduled 1 month after MP1. I have seen MP2 delayed in the past due to production issues that needed to be resolved prior to receiving OKTB. Once the vehicle receives OKTB status, the vehicles are released for delivery to dealers. There are many other pre-production events prior to MP1, (such as FPJ, TT, and PP builds), but the MP1, and by extension MP2 builds, are the most important to the buying public. I hope this helps people understand some of the steps Ford takes to control the release of new vehicles to dealers, and explains the delay you sometimes see between "start of production" and actually seeing vehicles at the dealers.

Bigbo076

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found this on another forum and thought it was still relevant so I am posting it. Ford is a large company and has been doing this for a long time. They have processes in place for a reason. Perhaps we should all just calm down a little bit and realize that there is more to life than a pick-up truck. It will get here when it gets here. Some of you may have put down a deposit but no one has bought anything yet.

Great info, thanks for posting!

theBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Actually I traded my 2014 and bought my 2017 on Monday, 10/24. Every done, signed, and paid. Now I just wait for the truck. I am patiently waiting, but after spending $70k I would love to have the truck too.

SJRaptorG2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking there may be some issues that may need resolving before they start MP2. Now I’m glad my Raptor is being built in December (MP2 phase), after the MP1 phase is given the OK to buy.

Thanks for the inside info!

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now I’m glad my Raptor is being built in December (MP2 phase), after the MP1 phase is given the OK to buy.

Thanks for the inside info!

I was thinking the same thing, but then my build date mysteriously jumped from December to 11/10. :shrug:

Oceanbnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a weird set up. Tricky to describe. I'm in middle of nowhere Alaska with a Ford Dealership that not only sells Fords, but also appliances and ATV's because why not (it's Alaska after all). It's a small enough dealer where she doesn't accept trades, she can't do special orders, and only has new inventory. Oddly enough she has an allocation for a GT350 which sits idle on her small lot but she also has one for a raptor. This island is small yet there are about 6 raptors in town (sub 10,000 pop.). I went to her to inquire about ordering one, but she advised the one she's getting from Ford is already built and she didn't get to choose it's options. She also doesn't know if she'll get any more allocations and was surprised she was able to get the one. The build she's getting (and I'm immediately buying) is a Crew Cab, 802A package, Ruby Red, spray in bed liner. Came out to $62,740. Since I was the only one asking, didn't have to make a payment hold. She's also opting to not ask anything over MSRP. The dealer in Anchorage is asking $15,000+ over for the Raptor, and up marked their GT350 $30,000. I'd like to think I'm getting a good deal at not paying a dime over MSRP, and lucky me, local city ordinance sets a tax limit of $52.50 on all purchases including cars.

StrikerHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a weird set up. Tricky to describe. I'm in middle of nowhere Alaska with a Ford Dealership that not only sells Fords, but also appliances and ATV's because why not (it's Alaska after all). It's a small enough dealer where she doesn't accept trades, she can't do special orders, and only has new inventory. Oddly enough she has an allocation for a GT350 which sits idle on her small lot but she also has one for a raptor. This island is small yet there are about 6 raptors in town (sub 10,000 pop.). I went to her to inquire about ordering one, but she advised the one she's getting from Ford is already built and she didn't get to choose it's options. She also doesn't know if she'll get any more allocations and was surprised she was able to get the one. The build she's getting (and I'm immediately buying) is a Crew Cab, 802A package, Ruby Red, spray in bed liner. Came out to $62,740. Since I was the only one asking, didn't have to make a payment hold. She's also opting to not ask anything over MSRP. The dealer in Anchorage is asking $15,000+ over for the Raptor, and up marked their GT350 $30,000. I'd like to think I'm getting a good deal at not paying a dime over MSRP, and lucky me, local city ordinance sets a tax limit of $52.50 on all purchases including cars.
You on Kodiak Oceanbnd ? Spent two winters there working. Absolutely loved it. Can't wait to get back again.

Oceanbnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Indeed I am. The Ford dealer here finally shows up as a legit dealer on Ford's website now. The winters here, or at least the past two that I've been here, have been quite mild compared to the mainland.