GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StrikerHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Indeed I am. The Ford dealer here finally shows up as a legit dealer on Ford's website now. The winters here, or at least the past two that I've been here, have been quite mild compared to the mainland.
I'm told that Kodiak's winters are typically not all that bad given the island's location. It's actually considered a Tropical location by definition I believe. Spent 2 winters working at the Kodiak Launch Complex. God I loved it. Spent the first one of those winters living at the Narrow Cape Lodge and the second living at the Coast Guards MWR Guest House.

Believe it or not, I've already got a 45-day long Raptor drive planned which takes me from home (Huntsville AL) up to Prudhoe Bay, then down to Kodiak via the ferry from Homer, just to revisit my old stomping grounds, then back to Homer and around for the return trip.

It's half the reason why I'm buying the Raptor in the first place <lol>.

Last edited:

Oceanbnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm told that Kodiak's winters are typically not all that bad given the island's location. It's actually considered a Tropical location by definition I believe. Spent 2 winters working at the Kodiak Launch Complex. God I loved it. Spent the first one of those winters living at the Narrow Cape Lodge and the second living at the Coast Guards MWR Guest House.

Believe it or not, I've already got a 45-day long Raptor drive planned which takes me from home (Huntsville AL) up to Prudhoe Bay, then down to Kodiak via the ferry from Homer, just to revisit my old stomping grounds, then back to Homer and around for the return trip.

That sounds like an epic drive actually. When I came up here, I came via plane so I missed out on the ALCAN highway. Leaving, I plan to make the drive during summer. I'll be sending my wife and lil one first via plane and then taking my time and doing the drive with a tent and my Lab.

When you go take lots of pics. Folks just can't appreciate how gorgeous it can be up here!

gravedgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That is a very epic trip. I would love to do something like that - but if I asked for 6 weeks away from the office (even if I had the vacation or a short term leave of absence), I think they would lynch me.

StrikerHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds like an epic drive actually. When I came up here, I came via plane so I missed out on the ALCAN highway. Leaving, I plan to make the drive during summer. I'll be sending my wife and lil one first via plane and then taking my time and doing the drive with a tent and my Lab.

When you go take lots of pics. Folks just can't appreciate how gorgeous it can be up here!

Already have the camera and lenses. Just need a new laptop to transfer the pictures too as the camera's memory card fills up :)

That is a very epic trip. I would love to do something like that - but if I asked for 6 weeks away from the office (even if I had the vacation or a short term leave of absence), I think they would lynch me.

I've got a few years yet before I retire, so the trip is on hold until then. That gives me a few years to break the Raptor in, add on a few upgrades here and there, and actually get good at it, both driving and from a roadside maintenance standpoint.

Oris19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So turns out I am now #1 allocation at the dealership I ordered from in ny. (Former #1 hadn't got pulled yet and cancelled). So now I'm #1 (of 3 allocations) but still "unscheduled clean". :-( (ordered early sept.) blue screw 801a +...

BrianR

Reaction score
Asked my dealer if he could see the window sticker and he replied "Can't see it, but it's been built trust me", and I do. Have been straight shooters in the past. The most honest service Dept I have ever seen at a dealership. Oh, and getting the Raptor at sticker. Thank you Soo Motors!

I found SOO Motors in Michigan and sent them a message. They informed me they have no allotment for Raptors.
Can anyone tell me where to order one for MSRP?

StrikerHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got a text message from my dealer saying ""We are expecting the OK To Buy on or about the 16th."

There's no guarantee that the information will turn out to be true, but it's the first time they've provided me with that particular data point, so perhaps there's been some flow of information out into the dealer network.

Take it for what it's worth and don't bet the farm on it.

Respectfully,

Last edited:

yellalab

Reaction score
Ford Service FB response today

I assume there has been no change since last week, but has the OK to Buy been issued on the Raptors yet?

No change yet. I believe the OK to Buy has been issued for those from the Michigan plant, but I suggest double checking with your dealer to confirm. Mackenzie
Chat Conversation End

Oceanbnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found SOO Motors in Michigan and sent them a message. They informed me they have no allotment for Raptors.
Can anyone tell me where to order one for MSRP?

Wow, Soo Motors. I bought my first new truck there when I was stationed up there. In 2007, got a 2008 XLT, tow package, all for $27,700 out the door. Good ol days