GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dryhole

Reaction score
I have a Raptor on order. My dealer suggests that front oil pan seal may have caused this delay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lightman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you can say what it was and provide some proof, I call BS.

Classic case of a jerk behind the keyboard who wouldn't say that to my face...very impressive. :supergay: Why would I post such info if I made it up? I have friends who work for Ford and I respect their wishes to not divulge details. If you doubt this - you can go back and look at my post re hp/torque specs, well, well before they were officially released, and you can see the numbers are extremely accurate, short a last minute extra 10lbs of torque. Pages of people like you doubted and ridiculed what I posted etc, and sure enough my info was correct. You can also look later in the thread - since you're so focused on whether something is bs - and see pics I posted from the ford engine plant where our raptors motors are made. You can believe it or not, I don't care - but what I posted above is 100% true.

Jeez...you try to help out a forum of guys with some real info and here come the bs flags...lame.

Stickman89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Raptor on order. My dealer suggests that front oil pan seal may have caused this delay.

That's exactly what I was told last week by someone at factory.

Pan face oil seal leak also guessing that's why bumpers and skids were off at Dearborn

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Classic case of a jerk behind the keyboard who wouldn't say that to my face...very impressive. :supergay: Why would I post such info if I made it up? I have friends who work for Ford and I respect their wishes to not divulge details. If you doubt this - you can go back and look at my post re hp/torque specs, well, well before they were officially released, and you can see the numbers are extremely accurate, short a last minute extra 10lbs of torque. Pages of people like you doubted and ridiculed what I posted etc, and sure enough my info was correct. You can also look later in the thread - since you're so focused on whether something is bs - and see pics I posted from the ford engine plant where our raptors motors are made. You can believe it or not, I don't care - but what I posted above is 100% true.

Jeez...you try to help out a forum of guys with some real info and here come the bs flags...lame.

I speak my mind online and IRL. I'm sorry you don't like it, but unless you can give details, it's BS. So you respect your friends wishes but not enough not to offer up the fact that there is an issue without an explanation....Whatever.

And what real information did you provide? You did not state what the problem is. You stated that there was a mechanical problem, but did not say what. With out any detail this statement is useless. Obviously there is a problem or they would be a delay. I don't need a friend at Ford to know that much. Please enlighten me as to what helpful info you provided.

In your previous posts you provided HP and TQ numbers. I never called that BS, because you gave info. You didn't say I know what the HP and TQ are but can't provide them. I would have called BS on that too.

So unless you are going to let people know what the issue is, stop playing the gossip game.

Lightman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I speak my mind online and IRL. I'm sorry you don't like it, but unless you can give details, it's BS. So you respect your friends wishes but not enough not to offer up the fact that there is an issue without an explanation....Whatever.

And what real information did you provide? You did not state what the problem is. You stated that there was a mechanical problem, but did not say what. With out any detail this statement is useless. Obviously there is a problem or they would be a delay. I don't need a friend at Ford to know that much. Please enlighten me as to what helpful info you provided.

In your previous posts you provided HP and TQ numbers. I never called that BS, because you gave info. You didn't say I know what the HP and TQ are but can't provide them. I would have called BS on that too.

So unless you are going to let people know what the issue is, stop playing the gossip game.

Obviously you're beyond understanding credibility. Sure you want to wiggle out the information because you're curious but it's not happening. The good news I'm passing on is that the problem has been identified, fixed, and they're working through it. Everything else prior has been rumor. If you want to be a perpetual doubter and believe everyone is guilty until proven innocent, then go for it. I dont need to explain any further ...as what I posted is the truth. If you don't find it helpful, move on. My post is certainly a ton more helpful than your 'calling bs' post which is useless.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Obviously you're beyond understanding credibility. Sure you want to wiggle out the information because you're curious but it's not happening. The good news I'm passing on is that the problem has been identified, fixed, and they're working through it. Everything else prior has been rumor. If you want to be a perpetual doubter and believe everyone is guilty until proven innocent, then go for it. I dont need to explain any further ...as what I posted is the truth. If you don't find it helpful, move on. My post is certainly a ton more helpful than your 'calling bs' post which is useless.

Let me clarify. Everyone knows there is an issue, or there wouldn't be a delay. So you didn't provide any information there. Obviously if they found an issue they are fixing it. To think otherwise is ridiculous. So you didn't provide any information there.

So again I ask, how you were helpful to anyone.

Many folks have already talked about axle issues and front pan seals. If you have information and you want to ACTUALLY be helpful, then share it otherwise your post was useless. That sir is BS.

Nobody said you have to say "My friend John Smith at the Dearborn plant on 3rd shift in section 12 told me BLAH BLAH BLAH." A simple "A friend at Ford told me that the flux capacitors are leaking." would have been fine.

So if you want to post "I have a secret and I'm not telling you what it is." expect some backlash.

Lightman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me clarify. Everyone knows there is an issue, or there wouldn't be a delay. So you didn't provide any information there. Obviously if they found an issue they are fixing it. To think otherwise is ridiculous. So you didn't provide any information there.

So again I ask, how you were helpful to anyone.

Many folks have already talked about axle issues and front pan seals. If you have information and you want to ACTUALLY be helpful, then share it otherwise your post was useless. That sir is BS.

Nobody said you have to say "My friend John Smith at the Dearborn plant on 3rd shift in section 12 told me BLAH BLAH BLAH." A simple "A friend at Ford told me that the flux capacitors are leaking." would have been fine.

So if you want to post "I have a secret and I'm not telling you what it is." expect some backlash.
My post is helpful to many and that's its intent , and your posts are useless and antagonistic, end of story. Try to do something with your day other than waste people's time.

Lightman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And yet even though I've asked how twice, you've yet to show how it was helpful.

You as well.

I shouldn't need to waste my time justifying a post to someone who simply cant understand why it's helpful. My post is helpful because it - updates people that a problem has been definitively identified -all we have till this point has been rumors- and offers an indicator of progress. Some folks appreciate said information, whether it's nonspecific or not. I'd suggest you simply drop it - because if you read your posts - they are simply antagonistic. I'm here trying to help and post an update, you're just here being a little bitch calling bs.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I shouldn't need to waste my time justifying a post to someone who simply cant understand why it's helpful. My post is helpful because it - updates people that a problem has been definitively identified -all we have till this point has been rumors- and offers an indicator of progress. Some folks appreciate said information, whether it's nonspecific or not. I'd suggest you simply drop it - because if you read your posts - they are simply antagonistic. I'm here trying to help and post an update, you're just here being a little bitch calling bs.

I get it now. I should drop it because you can't provide a reason it's helpful and can only resort to calling me names to justify it.

Got it. :flipthebird: