Tired of the drone. Need advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firematt422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's loud... it's going to drone somewhere. It's just resonance.

The major factor controlling how much it will bother you is where you put the muffler and the exhaust's exit point.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Netix super 10 has no annoying drone and is supper loud, I bought the same muffler for mine just haven't had the time to install yet.
I have been in cars with the 40 that droned badly.

OP
OP
O

Ozraptor

Reaction score
If it's loud... it's going to drone somewhere. It's just resonance.

The major factor controlling how much it will bother you is where you put the muffler and the exhaust's exit point.

Can you explain more ?

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

Check out the Stainless Works Catback for best sound, performance and value. We exclusively use 304L stainless steel which is american sourced, very high quality, no thin recycled pop can material here!

ftrpt10cby.jpg

I like the sound on SW catback but how much drone does it have?

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been considering the Borla setup but I'm trying to find some installed near me so I can decide between the Touring & Stinger systems. I've watched clips on YouTube but no one puts which of the systems that they are running. And besides that, hearing it on YouTube doesn't really capture the actual sound...

The mufflers I use are the Borla S Type.
If you have a good set of speakers or use head phones it will give you a good idea of how it will sound.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Loud mufflers do not equal drone, but I will agree that they can drone or cause annoying resonance in the wrong placement also different exiting points will make your exhaust sound different.
I have dual Flowmaster mufflers on my 66 chevy and Classic Bronco, both are very loud with no annoying drone but when I put them on my 68 Corvette they droned terribly.

RV-Junke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SW headers and dual Exhaust

Just installed full SW exhaust. The system is awesome, and sounds great. However, bad drone at higher gears and low RPMs. I am hoping Mike At 5star can adjust the tune to keep engine at higher RPM. Any others having this? If so what did you do to fix? I see SW has a resonating tip, has anyone used?

Thanks.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just installed full SW exhaust. The system is awesome, and sounds great. However, bad drone at higher gears and low RPMs. I am hoping Mike At 5star can adjust the tune to keep engine at higher RPM. Any others having this? If so what did you do to fix? I see SW has a resonating tip, has anyone used?

Thanks.

I had the full SW system on my first Raptor and wow the sound was awesome but the highway drone was horrid. The only way i was able to reduce it was a set of motorcycle in tube baffles I installed at the end just before the tips are installed and some resonator tips, it was still there but tolerable.