Tired of the drone. Need advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DirtyWill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out the Stainless Works Catback for best sound, performance and value. We exclusively use 304L stainless steel which is american sourced, very high quality, no thin recycled pop can material here!

ftrpt10cby.jpg

I can vouch for this. It has a very nice throaty growl but zero drone. I have the under bumper exit and I kept the resonator. (as states in signature)

Working on video with sound as soon as the weather cooperates.

RV-Junke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yes SW has an AWESOME sound...I am running full header system so I can't comment on no drone for CAT back..with Headers, definate drone...

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the s type mufflers headers x pipe at first was thinking now I know what drone is! But after 5k miles and I moved the tips out as fare as I could now its just loud at the 50 to 58 mph. I have to do some more tuning and think I can get it better I need to tighten up the mufflers or some how space them out so they don't touch.
I at first wanted the sw with magnaflows but I'm happy with the sw now. They use stainless for peaking so I know it won't break down but it dose settle in nicely I've also had a dyno and had it up to 127 so a few full capacity runs .

RV-Junke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick update..Today I installed DEI Floor and Tunnel Sheild from transmission all the way to rear axle above exhaust...then removed the rear seats (actually folded down) and installed DEI Boom Matt on rear wall and part of the floor...HUGE difference! Reduced drone by ~50%...

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, watching twoguystv show just now and that have installed a tune-able exhaust system that removes drone... It uses a J-tube that is adjustable to remove the drone frequency... So they might not sell something that is a bolt on but its the idea that works. You can get your local muffler shop to copy the J-pipe and install it
Solo Performance –

I hope they come out with a Solo Exhaust for the Raptor, test drove a 2013 Dodge SRT8 Challenger on the weekend with the Solo exhaust, so much nasty sound coming out the tailpipe with 0 drone or resonance in the car.

BRONCOBOY1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone cut the stock exhaust back to the Muffler with turn downs, If so was there any drone?
Not really interested in make my truck louder and from what Mike at 5 star told me there is no real HP numbers in a muffler swap to gain. I would rather spend my time and money in the suspension.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone cut the stock exhaust back to the Muffler with turn downs, If so was there any drone?
Not really interested in make my truck louder and from what Mike at 5 star told me there is no real HP numbers in a muffler swap to gain. I would rather spend my time and money in the suspension.

I would just wait until you smash your tips. then switch it out for a SW lightning style exit. by the way that would increase the hp some.