Thinking Of selling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bottom line is there is no shortage of second gen raptors on the market. A lot of second gen Raptor owners got out of there trucks in the last 10 month and sum to a great return. The current raptor market show this.(very much open to debate this) People can ask whatever they want to sleep well at night. What price its exchanges hands at is another thing. CL ad is only 5 bucks so sure"why not ask for the moon".
If you look at Autotrader.com in PHX for example. Search for a Ford Raptor. Look in the left hand corner of the 126 Raptor ads and look at the many ads that says "ruduced price" its in green . These dealers/ and 5 private party sellers are not reducing the price of there Raptors because they love there customers so much . Its because there is a shitload of inventory on the Phx market jacked up to "KBB" prices. Simply put it basic supply and demand. Ive watched 2 Raptors online in my area and they both have dropped 2-4K in price online in the last 2 weeks. Me personally I would like to find a private party deal that benefits both parties involved. And to not pay the state of Arizona/Feds 8.3% sales tax on a truck that already has had sales tax paid on it in the last few years. Thats just me, I could be wrong.
Used Gen2 aren't very plentiful around here. I just did an Autotrader search and only found 1 in the state of Maine and it's a private party sale.

OP
OP
RCorsa

RCorsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
VROOM offered me just under 70.000 for my 2019 with 10,500 miles on it. Assume they will want to make at least 10% on the cash outlay so figure they list for 80,000 and maybe take 77k. I guess if you are saying they are plentiful, you should easily be able to find one cheep. I just doubt it.

Dealers are marking up all cars crazy amount. I was considering getting a new G wagon to replace my raptor if I sell it. However many dealers are asking $100k over sticker for a $170k car. Insane market

BossRaptor

Reaction score
A quick Autotrader.com search in Phx area will land you plenty of raptors to choose from... 100 plus. Add in ebay and Cl nd yes there out there. Im still grinding it out to find a good private party sale. Tax is killer in Az. The dealers seem to have the majority on the market. I found a couple of 19's that are reasonable that checked off all my boxes. Both on the opposite coast though. There were 3 I had my eye on that sold days prior to me selling my F 150 four days ago. Smaller markets seem to demand more money for Raptors for sure. There out there. At this point im willing to hop on a plane to get the right one.

BossRaptor

Reaction score
Well I missed a 2019 Performance blue Raptor in LA with all options including the blue Recaro seats w 36K miles on it for 67K by 3 or four days. I missed out on a 2019 White Raptor same as above with 19K miles for 71K in Alb,NM by fours days. And another 19 listed on this forum that had all the boxes checked with 30 k miles that I really liked as well that exchanged hands for 67K. I would have jumped on all these truck like a fat kid on cake! I F N hate dealers with a passion) Hence why im looking private party. Tax rate in Az is more than California ! Im firefighter with more time than money so I need to watch the bottom line. With my retard math I think I save 6 or 7K going private party.
Im sure not hating on anybody here that gets a great offers from a dealer for there truck though.

Teledatgeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I missed a 2019 Performance blue Raptor in LA with all options including the blue Recaro seats w 36K miles on it for 67K by 3 or four days. I missed out on a 2019 White Raptor same as above with 19K miles for 71K in Alb,NM by fours days. And another 19 listed on this forum that had all the boxes checked with 30 k miles that I really liked as well that exchanged hands for 67K. I would have jumped on all these truck like a fat kid on cake! I F N hate dealers with a passion) Hence why im looking private party. Tax rate in Az is more than California ! Im firefighter with more time than money so I need to watch the bottom line. With my retard math I think I save 6 or 7K going private party.
Im sure not hating on anybody here that gets a great offers from a dealer for there truck though.
I think you’re correct on the savings. I believe a dealer is going to want to make at least $5K on the sale of a used vehicle.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These low mileage Raptors baffles me. I have 95k on my 18. I would definitely sell for 60k if someone made me an offer like that. I would just drive my f350 till the 2021 came in.

Sgt Beavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m just going to admit it. I made a HUGE mistake selling my Raptor.

Sure, I sold it for $5K more than I paid for it. Sure, I’m saving over $1000 a month in car payments, insurance, and gas. But I miss that truck. It was too much fun.

I was planning to buy a Gen3 but the price hike, with no engine performance gains is just ridiculous. Simply put, I shouldn’t have sold it. Now my truck sits on a dealer lot. A dealer asking $73K for a truck that, when new, had an MSRP of $70K. I still bought that truck for $60K.

For now I’m driving my Jeep. I have bought a Mini as a grocery getter. It’s a nice car, but everytime I drive it I think that I could be driving a Raptor.

At this point, I’m still thinking on what I’ll do next. I may buy another Gen2 Raptor when prices come down. I may buy a TRX (my wife signed off on that). I may say F’ it and buy a Gen 3. I’ve got a reservation for an F150 Lightning and a Cybertruck (reservations are refundable). I may even consider the Ranger Raptor. But for now I’ll pay my penance of regret by driving that Mini.

Learn from my mistake. Unless you’re going to a Gen3, KEEP YOUR RAPTOR.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcj