Thinking of selling MY24 Raptor R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zachery55

Reaction score
I just got the truck a little over a month ago and while I absolutely love the truck I'm not sure I can justify the cost and feel like there are other options out there that better fit me and my needs/wants at the moment at a much lesser cost. I looked on Autotrader just as a reference and couldn't find a single 24 R nationwide for under $155k which seems a bit ridiculous but I guess there isn't much out there other than brand new trucks at dealers with huge markups.

Here are my questions:
  1. What are your thoughts on what I should sell/list it for if I decide to?
  2. What do you think I could get from a dealer as a trade-in?
I know this type of topic is very subjective but please try to keep this as a serious and cordial discussion. Thanks all!

Specs:
  • Agate Black
  • Twin Panel Moonroof
  • Spray-in bedliner
  • Dealer installed OEM Ford trifold tonneau cover
  • 30% ceramic tint on front windows
  • Dealer removed 'Raptor' graphic on back quarters
  • Flawless condition as expected for a 6-week old truck
  • 1,350 miles

View attachment 457858

View attachment 457859

View attachment 457860
I’ll trade you straight up for my 24 37 package. Basically exactly same as yours just non R. No questions asked pink slip in hand lol

OP
OP
T

TurboM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trade it and give them a number. The difference in cost of the trade and purchase price. If you want $130k and the big SUV cost $80k the number is $50k. I just concentrate on the number and how close they can get. How they get to the number I could care less.
I'd be using the Z-plan so all of the negotiation lies with the trade.

Reaction score
$120K - $125K in todays market, did you get the Ford extended warranty and / or Ford wheel and tire protection when you purchased your "R". I was offered a 2024 "R" @ MSRP after I purchased an 2023 EcoBoost 37 Package last year in the state of Illinois: in their next "R" allocation. They own multiple Ford dealerships in and around that state. I'm also looking into a GTD from them, I passed on their Super Snake allocation, not a fan.

OP
OP
T

TurboM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$120K - $125K in todays market, did you get the Ford extended warranty and / or Ford wheel and tire protection when you purchased your "R". I was offered a 2024 "R" @ MSRP after I purchased an 2023 EcoBoost 37 Package last year in the state of Illinois: in their next "R" allocation. They own multiple Ford dealerships in and around that state. I'm also looking into a GTD from them, I passed on their Super Snake allocation, not a fan.
I did not purchase any add on packages

Ifly4vamerica

Reaction score
I traded my 2023 R in a couple months ago. Dealer gave me 125K for thew trade in which was 10k over what I paid. I traded it for a 2024 Ecoboost, it was nice having the dealer write me a check for a change. I have a buddy in the business and although he in in California he gets crazy bids from brokers on used R's. Incidentally I did trade it back to the same dealer I bought it from and have pretty much got a new truck from them every year since 2020, so not sure how much that played into it. My tax incentive on the trade was about 5k similar to yours.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I traded my 2023 R in a couple months ago. Dealer gave me 125K for thew trade in which was 10k over what I paid. I traded it for a 2024 Ecoboost, it was nice having the dealer write me a check for a change. I have a buddy in the business and although he in in California he gets crazy bids from brokers on used R's. Incidentally I did trade it back to the same dealer I bought it from and have pretty much got a new truck from them every year since 2020, so not sure how much that played into it. My tax incentive on the trade was about 5k similar to yours.
Any regrets going back to the eco? I'm considering doing this

MFouts

Reaction score
I traded a 21 F150 XLT that I really liked, comfortable, plenty of power, and it did everything I needed it to. Still not a Raptor and probably wouldn't go back, and I only have the base Raptor.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any regrets going back to the eco? I'm considering doing this
are they just not THAT fast after the launch? this was my perspective when driving a TRX. the power is really noticeable

1. at launch
2. offroad in sand

when going 40,50-80 it doesnt throw you back in your seat like a 700HP car would.

a 450 HP car would outrun it from a 40 roll

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
are they just not THAT fast after the launch? this was my perspective when driving a TRX. the power is really noticeable

1. at launch
2. offroad in sand

when going 40,50-80 it doesnt throw you back in your seat like a 700HP car would.

a 450 HP car would outrun it from a 40 roll
No it's plenty fast, even from a roll. I just don't drive that fast very frequently, I usually have a 3 year-old with me.

My only real concern is longevity since I daily drive it. It might do better than the eco, it might shit the bed at 62,000 miles. No one knows.