Thinking Of selling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anybody have a tune on their truck when selling it to a dealer?-- how does that go? Take it and CAI off? leave it on?
Set it back to stock dude, but they won’t check it. I traded in a G8 GT that was cammed w/ LT headers & Catless X pipe. Week later brought the new truck I purchased in for them to swap a different set of wheels/tires....salesman was like, “hey ahh I think we have a problem w/ your trade, did you know it doesn’t have catalytic converters?” I go “oh yeah? Sounds like you do have a problem, not sure what to tell ya, but the inspection sticker is still valid boyo”

Dancam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im in the market for a 19 Raptor at a reasonable price.(hit me up if you have one that would part with) The Phx,Az market is flooded with Gen 2 raptors. I don't see dealers paying big bucks for these trucks anymore but I could be wrong. I think I counted 125 Raptors in the Phx area alone. Prices seem to be ticking down on them from what I've seen on Autotrader.com. Im trying to go private party to save 8.3 % sales tax and the get a little better deal. KBB is waaaaaay off. Far too high on there estimates. I think there is some dealers that paid way over price for them and will need to eat it to get the truck off there lot. Props to the guys that sold there Raptors on the high though.
I'm on Autotrader and you know who called me? Only CA buyers , about 3-4 a day every day and couple from TX. In CA 2020 802 A stock is mid 80k . I even had a firm offer guy offered to drive same day and give me a deposit of 1k just to hold it. I said no. I raised the price at 80k and I'm holding. https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/30/chi...cut-vehicle-production-at-several-plants.html I have to keep it longer because theres nothing available to replace it with. Called a dealer and he said he has ONLY 3 trucks on the lot from 30 in any given month. If it sells at whatever I'm asking fine, but I hope it would not.

OP
OP
RCorsa

RCorsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I have mine in seattle. Couple of Texas folks have reached and two local dealers said they would give me top dollar for it plus one said an allocation for Gen 3 by end of year at MSRP. Second dealer is checking his allocations today. Clearly hot trucks right now. It think 75k is a floor for a nice truck low mileage 802a without mods

BossRaptor

Reaction score
Bottom line is there is no shortage of second gen raptors on the market. A lot of second gen Raptor owners got out of there trucks in the last 10 month and sum to a great return. The current raptor market show this.(very much open to debate this) People can ask whatever they want to sleep well at night. What price its exchanges hands at is another thing. CL ad is only 5 bucks so sure"why not ask for the moon".
If you look at Autotrader.com in PHX for example. Search for a Ford Raptor. Look in the left hand corner of the 126 Raptor ads and look at the many ads that says "ruduced price" its in green . These dealers/ and 5 private party sellers are not reducing the price of there Raptors because they love there customers so much . Its because there is a shitload of inventory on the Phx market jacked up to "KBB" prices. Simply put it basic supply and demand. Ive watched 2 Raptors online in my area and they both have dropped 2-4K in price online in the last 2 weeks. Me personally I would like to find a private party deal that benefits both parties involved. And to not pay the state of Arizona/Feds 8.3% sales tax on a truck that already has had sales tax paid on it in the last few years. Thats just me, I could be wrong.

Dancam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Autotrader shows 9 (nine) Raptors for sale from Private Sellers within 300 miles of Phoenix 2017 -2020 any trim. I wish you good luck. Chapman offered me 74k the other day straight up sale or higher if I'd trade in.
If you commingle 2017 with 2018 and 2019 and 2020 and if you add the trucks that had accidents plus the buy backs and the trucks that were lease plus the trucks that have over 100k miles , plus the trucks in Tucson and Safford plus all the dealer and private inventory and if you mix all the trims yes I see the truck you are talking about https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=587892306 55k from a dealer
Wish you good luck in finding that deal you are looking for

BossRaptor

Reaction score
So basically im looking for a 19 Raptor with reasonable miles on it (30k or less) at a reasonable price. White or blue would be my choice of colors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcj