The Tune by SVC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gillund47

Reaction score
I just got a tuner and the tune from svc. I haven't been able to load it yet but since I just got it last week I'd imagine I have one of the newer versions. I've never messed with tunes before and am a bit curious to try it I run 93 octane unless I'm in a place that doesn't offer it. Does the tuner ask what gas you use or do I need to manually find the global spark and change it to something and if so what?
Sorry to sound like a idiot. First time with this. If it works good I'll find a tune for my wife's explorer sport with the ecoboost. I imagine you could wake those turbos up with the proper tune

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just got a tuner and the tune from svc. I haven't been able to load it yet but since I just got it last week I'd imagine I have one of the newer versions. I've never messed with tunes before and am a bit curious to try it I run 93 octane unless I'm in a place that doesn't offer it. Does the tuner ask what gas you use or do I need to manually find the global spark and change it to something and if so what?
Sorry to sound like a idiot. First time with this. If it works good I'll find a tune for my wife's explorer sport with the ecoboost. I imagine you could wake those turbos up with the proper tune

The only stupid question is the one you don't ask. :)

SVC tune is pre-programmed for 91 octane. You can run 93 with no issues, but running lower you may need to adjust the spark. I run 93 octane on mine with no issue. It doesn't ask you - you would need to manually change the spark if you wanted to. There is only one flavor of SVC tune, which is one of the things I like about it.

Floyd91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any issues with the 1-2 shift when WOT? I've been running the tune for about 2 month now. The first day I loaded it I got on it hard and hit e rev limiter a few times the first pull. Didn't really think more of it then the truck needing to relearn. I got in it hard again tonight and during her 1-2 it fell on its face for a sec before picking back up. It's like it hit the rev limiter but didn't bounce.

D

Deleted member 12951

Out of the box, it is set for 91 or higher. Set global spark to -2 for 89 and -4 for 87. Can always run higher octane than what set for but don't run lower octane when set higher. Meaning if set at -4, you can run any octane above 87. If left on default for 91, don't run anything lower than 90. Best would be leave it as is and run your 93.

Greybeard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely give them a call and also be sure that the prior owners computer code and your trucks computer code are the same

mike.s

Reaction score
Has anyone had any issues with the 1-2 shift when WOT? I've been running the tune for about 2 month now. The first day I loaded it I got on it hard and hit e rev limiter a few times the first pull. Didn't really think more of it then the truck needing to relearn. I got in it hard again tonight and during her 1-2 it fell on its face for a sec before picking back up. It's like it hit the rev limiter but didn't bounce.

I've had that happen before. The truck's computer won't let it bounce off the rev limiter. Instead it cuts power. I would contact SVC to see what they can do.

Floyd91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had that happen before. The truck's computer won't let it bounce off the rev limiter. Instead it cuts power. I would contact SVC to see what they can do.

I need to drive it harder. It's apparently learned ***** foot mode. I'll fix that this weekend :D