The SnoBall-2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will be released in a few weeks to a month.

Groups are pretty much set in stone.

I can tell you Zack that you and Anderson are in the same group.

Also everyone should have recieved an email from me today. If you did not please let me know.

Jason

Hopefully, I end up with the friends of mine.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guy's with the weather and conditions you face on the SnoBall, speeds you'd normally consider to be snails pace seem way faster then they are. I found out first hand how much damage can be caused at 15mph on ice... It's not pretty.
Point is safety is paramount on this run and it's incredibly important for everyone to be in that mindset. We leave as a group and we arrive as a group, if that means we have to stop and help someone then we do. The group leaders are the boss and both Jason & I will stand behind them 100%. If we get wind of someone being reckless then we will deal with it accordingly. It's that simple.

Mark

Glad to see this change from last year. Even though we all stopped to help, the meeting notes said "we can't wait for everyone if you have issues"

Great to see the official change that we won't leave anyone behind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think The group working togeather thing is great for light recoveries and getting through a tough section, but in the event of a major truck failure having a few trucks and key pepole stay behind was the right choice last year. This allowed the rest of the group to move on. I think any one of the entrants last year would have gladly offered to stay and help. Sometimes you can have to much help and that slows down the task at hand.

The comradely and spirt of this event reminds me of my pro rally days, you don't get this type of feeling at many events where everyone is so freindly an willing to help. We all want to have fun but we need to remeber it is not a closed course race and to respect the locals and the event organizers after all that have worked very hard with the state and local cities to make this happen.

Last edited:

WorldTour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to see this change from last year. Even though we all stopped to help, the meeting notes said "we can't wait for everyone if you have issues"

Great to see the official change that we won't leave anyone behind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

No one was left behind this year... well except the Roush guys, but that was after we made sure that they had everything covered. I'm pretty sure every group stopped to make sure they stuck relatively together when trucks got stuck & needed extraction.

I think The group working togeather thing is great for light recoveries and getting through a tough section, but in the event of a major truck failure having a few trucks and key pepole stay behind was the right choice last year. This allowed the rest of the group to move on. I think any one of the entrants last year would have gladly offered to stay and help. Sometimes you can have to much help and that slows down the task at hand.

The comradely and spirt of this event reminds me of my pro rally days, you don't get this type of feeling at many events where everyone is so freindly an willing to help. We all want to have fun but we need to remeber it is not a closed course race and to respect the locals and the event organizers after all that have worked very hard with the state and local cities to make this happen.

Well said. To refer back to Huck's comment, it wasn't that we wouldn't wait in the event of a breakdown or major incident. It's that the whole event wouldn't be stopped to help. Like WG said you can run into having to much help and it's better to have a small amount of people working to help out who ever had a major incident.

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The events of Sunday last SnoBall remind me why I over prepare. I was so glad I had tarps, tools, my floor jack, plywood, jackstands, extra clothes, stoves, fuel, food, hot drinks, chainsaw and so on and so forth. Accidents can happen, and had we been 10 miles deeper into the bush, I know we'd have been okay. Hell, I had two sleeping bags and a 4 season tent. Two people could have napped if we had to wait hours and hours for the tow truck to make it back there.

The challenge I will have this year is that if something happens like that Sunday, I can't stay behind and help. I'll have to give up my stuff if it's needed and go on, possibly leaving members of my group behind. That's a hard notion for me to swallow. Mostly cause I'll never see that gear again! :)

While that fateful Sunday was fun for no one, it illustrated the teamwork, friendship and resolve that we have as a group.

PhotoJan2011713PM.jpg

brd o pry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After the events as spoke of on Sunday last year, I believe it went as good as possible from all aspects in dealing with the couple of issues we had. Bravo group hung back and waited for the remaining few trucks later on after the incident. When they caught up we ran the rest of the Snoball route as a group and finished the Snoball. Thanks to all the members of Bravo group Snoball '13. It was an honor running with all of you last year and hope to get back as many as possible for this year.