The SnoBall-2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There wasn't any over correction... there was stomp on the gas and rotate so the back end went in first rather than the front. Once the back caught the bank I suddenly had traction and stayed in it with the thought of driving out and that's when I found the buried stumps. It went downhill (literally) from there into the trees.
Mark

Wasn't referring to you mark. I witnessed an over correction and hard braking into the trees on one bank, back to the other side, bounce off the trees and back to the right into the trees and a stop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

WorldTour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wasn't referring to you mark. I witnessed an over correction and hard braking into the trees on one bank, back to the other side, bounce off the trees and back to the right into the trees and a stop

LOL they must've found the little trees I wished I would've found! lol
:greenchainsaw:

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I said out loud "don't hit the brakes don't hit the brakes" boom he hit the brakes. On the way to the up north lodge or leaving one of the two

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this will be my first Snoball and I am very protective over her, if she gets knocked up because of inadaquate protection I would expect some help with extraction and or delivery. It sounds like there is going to plenty of help avaiable.. Raptor birth control = good rubbers

Congrats on your 1st Snoball. You are going to have a blast! Help will be all around you. Each group will have a Lead and Chase truck. One of their responsibilities is to insure all trucks within that Group make it from point A to point B. No truck is left behind.

Last edited:

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I so wish I was going but I will stick to my excuse I have plenty of cold and snow right herebut I would definitely go if I had all the stuff I needed

devildevil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE GOOD TREAD ON YOUR TIRES!!!!!! Stock tires will do just fine. I had 15k miles on mine last year and didnt air down from my normal mid 40's psi to see what the truck would do right off the highway onto the trails.

On the question about gear, I hate driving in boots, they dont give me the feel of shoes for pedal response so i drove the whole thing in skate shoes like i normally drive. You might need to throttle the truck some to get it to bite so I would recommend not changing a lot from your normal driving position so your control isnt too irregular from normal if you will be new to the conditions as well. Keep as few variables as you can IMO. IF i had needed boots last year, i had my snowboard boots in the truck. I got out a few times on trail when we had to stop and if the snow was deep, id just climb on my step board and jump to the front of the truck or just walk a bit in the snow. I wore a t shirt and light snow pants with vents on them while driving last year. But again, I can go without a jacket when its winter up here and be just fine.

One thing i personally and HIGHLY recommend is to buy a programmer for your truck with some custom 5 star tuning maps on it. It fixes the lag in the factory throttle response and will greatly improve your ability to react not only at snoball but any driving situation you are in.

Last edited:

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What's the average speed that most people run?

on the roads, we ahem... adhere to all posted speed limits at all times. cough.

one of the trails we were cutting on Saturday, we were cutting it doing 50+ mph. well we were after Squatting Dog stopped dragging his ass in front and being a zamboni.

Last edited:

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What's the average speed that most people run?

Nobody can answer that accurately as conditions varied depending on whether or not your group was breaking trail. It isn't a slow paced run but safe speeds were the rule.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: