The SnoBall-2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone run trail grapplers at the last snoball 500?

I know someone did. I agree it might have been Troy. I did last years with stock tires. Trail Grapplers are on now so you won't be the only one if you run them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Java

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont wait too long on the ORV permits, i ordered mine up little over 2 weeks before the event, had my confirmations, never got my permit mailed to me.... luckily i didnt have any issues and didnt need to show it.

In years past they can be bought over the counter at most sporting goods stores and walmart.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How did the stock tires work for you?

I didn't have any complaints at all. Managed to do everything I wanted to with the truck without any issues. I changed tires recently just looking for even more traction and a more aggressive look. If memory serves a discussion of the stock tires capabilities in snow in part led to the idea of the first SnoBall. You have to remember a lot of people will be running stock tires. When I left for this years SnoBall my truck was 6 days old and had 130 miles on it. Broke those tires and the truck in just the way I have used it since. Long highway trip to run hundreds of miles off road, rinse and repeat.

WorldTour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't have any complaints at all. Managed to do everything I wanted to with the truck without any issues. I changed tires recently just looking for even more traction and a more aggressive look. If memory serves a discussion of the stock tires capabilities in snow in part led to the idea of the first SnoBall. You have to remember a lot of people will be running stock tires. When I left for this years SnoBall my truck was 6 days old and had 130 miles on it. Broke those tires and the truck in just the way I have used it since. Long highway trip to run hundreds of miles off road, rinse and repeat.

Here's a little SnoBall 500 History/fun fact..

The conversation started in SVT's parking lot in early October of 2012. 6isntenough & I visited my old stomping grounds and got a quick tour of Ford Racing and an intro with the SVT Raptor engineering team. While we were talking with them about the trucks development and capabilities the question was asked by the program manager "Have you driven off-road in the snow with it yet?" I only had my truck for a few months and Johnny (6isntenough, who still has yet to make it to one of our events!) hadn't aside from snow to and from work. We both answered "No" and they all got pretty excited about telling us about how they tested extensively in the snow and that we had to go try it because of how capable the truck is in blizzard-like conditions. This was brought up four or five times while we were there and I shrugged it off at first, but their enthusiasm about it started nagging at me. Fast forward a couple days to when we finished running at the Silver Lake Sand Dunes, and the few people were left (mainly Jason, Heather, Myself, Johnny, and a couple other people) and we were taking about finding some places to go wheeling as a small group and I brought up about getting together in the winter, maybe the UP. A couple people said thats stupid and promptly walked away. Jason, having lived up there immediately said "I know of some trails up there! maybe we could go up over the holidays or something." I said I was down and pretty much left it at that. Later that night Jason called me asking if I was serious about taking a trip up there, which I was. He then stated that he thought he could put 500 miles of trail together. I started laughing and jokingly said we could call it the snow ball 500, not really thinking anyone else would be interested in this hair-brained adventure.

Jason posted up an interest thread and then behind the scenes we started talking about adding things that we used to do back in out national car meet days (yes we used to plan various large scale events for other cars together) like banquets/raffles, etc. which is all good.... then USA Today happened and we all know what happened from there!
Mark

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here's a little SnoBall 500 History/fun fact..

I started laughing and jokingly said we could call it the snow ball 500, not really thinking anyone else would be interested in this hair-brained adventure.

.... then USA Today happened and we all know what happened from there!
Mark

World Tour & Kanakry -

I want to say "Thanx" for your hair-brained idea!!!